Alien vs Predator - Does the Jaguar version still hold up?

Started by onthinice, August 15, 2012, 17:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "onthinice"Bought my Jaguar off ebay years ago. Did not have a lot of time to play but hooked it up and it worked. So I gave positive feedback. Later I tried it out and good picture but no sound. They sent an old computer cable with the RF adaptor. I did finally track down a composite cable and the picture was better and had sound. It does look better.

The Jag is a great system and has a pretty good games library one you get past all the usual dross like Bubsy, Club Drive, Crescent Galaxy, Checkered Flag and Kasumi Ninja (although I like that just for the comedy value!).

The later games really begin to show what the system was capable of, such a shame that most people seem to be totally unaware of games like Protector: SE, Super Burnout, Iron Soldier 2, Battle Morph and Missile Command 3D.

One big downfall is that the Jaguar is pricey to collect for and the, in my opinion essential, Jaguar CD can be quite expensive. Good thing is though that when you have the Jag CD there is plenty of stuff you can burn yourself for free and the games are generally very cheap.

While I agree with most of your bad games list I gotta say I really like Club Drive.
Yeah it looks like ass but its still fun to play.

dcultrapro

I'm probably late chiming in here but I'd definitely say that yes it still holds up... especially considering I've only had the game for 2 years or so, I didn't know about it back then and for me to get it so recently and think its an excellent game speaks volumes I think.

I love the atmosphere and authenticity, I just wish there was more of a story, cut scenes and dialogue etc. maybe you could've saved fellow marines and chosen different characters etc... but those are minor quibbles and in general I love AVP :)
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Thank you all for taking the time to respond!

I have spent the last few years trying to collect for too many systems. That has left me really drained in more ways then just money and more then a few times I have wanted to just sell most of my systems. So my new approach is to try and start enjoying this wonderful hobby. AvP I think will be a good start.

Thanks!

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Thank you all for taking the time to respond!

I have spent the last few years trying to collect for too many systems. That has left me really drained in more ways then just money and more then a few times I have wanted to just sell most of my systems. So my new approach is to try and start enjoying this wonderful hobby. AvP I think will be a good start.

Thanks!

Best way to be mate! At one stage I was buying more games than I had time to play!

These days I don't buy many games but when I do its because I really want it!!!  8)