Author Topic: Celebrate Doom  (Read 485 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Celebrate Doom
« on: October 14, 2019, 01:38:36 AM »
This is one is particularly for @Saturn.  Issue 199 of Retro Gamer Magazine is a celebration of a certain game that dommed as all:  Doom!

Inside issue 199
This month we celebrate Doom, one of the most influential games of all time. Tom Hall, John Romero, Aubrey Hodges and Scott Miller discuss everything from Doom’s level design, to its gruesome monsters and the many clones that followed. We also look at the Cyberpunk genre and discover how Amstrad Action was made.

Features
Dissecting Doom
Tom Hall, John Romero, Aubrey Hodges and Scott Miller breakdown what made Doom great, from its weapons, monsters and levels, to the clones and conversions that followed

Bluffer’s Guide
This month we look at the Cyberpunk genre and interview many of the key people that helped shape it

The Making Of
This month we go behind the scenes of Get Dexter 2, Gauntlet The Deeper Dungeons, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell and discover how Amstrad Action was made

Ultimate Guide
To tie-in with Link’s Awakening on Switch, we’ve decided to breakdown everything that made the Game Boy original so much fun

The History Of
Don’t be scared, but we’re going to take a look at all the games in the Alien franchise, from the brilliant, to the awful

More Information
Retro Gamer Magazine

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline DeadVoivod

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Classicamiga
Re: Celebrate Doom
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 14:07:11 PM »
Which version is this, I have this one:

Btw, I own all 199 issues of Retro Gamer and waiting for issue number 200!! Hopefully a special one.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Celebrate Doom
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 23:50:48 PM »
I'm not sure which version it is.  That's the image they had on the web page when I went to it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk