Sega Nomad Discussion Thread

Started by TrekMD, January 09, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

A great video review. Covered all the bases. Wonder how some of the newer batteries would work or if they would drain just as fast?

It is a cool handheld but the PSP with the Sega Genesis classics and EA Replay cover most of the games I enjoyed on the Genesis. The best handheld version of Ms. Pac-Man for me is still the Atari Lynx version.

Yeah, I would still like one.   :113:

TrekMD

I know with the Lynx the lithium batteries last a very long time.  My guess would be that those batteries would last longer on the Nomad.  :) 

onthinice

Cool. Thanks for the info! Been wanting to play the Lynx more but Dollar General brand batteries will only go so far. I'm cheap!  :24: Really need to get a power supply.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Cool. Thanks for the info! Been wanting to play the Lynx more but Dollar General brand batteries will only go so far. I'm cheap!  ;) 

zapiy

I really want on too, one day I will achieve that aim lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Time to wake up this thread.  I don't know how many of you are aware of a new mod available for the Atari Lynx that replaces the original screen with a modern LCD that really makes the games shine.  The mod will be available for the Nomad in the near future, something that will be great as the screen on the Nomad does have issues.  If the replacement is anything like the Lynx screen, it will give new life the the Nomad.  In the meantime, here is the latest episode from The Gaming Historian covering the Nomad...

[align=center:jbrdcb73]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kYx_byDWf0[/align:jbrdcb73]

vandro

It's looks great, however have you seen some of the prices on ebay. Someone is even charging £1,000!

Akuza

Yeah I watched the gaming historian video when he put it up (im subscribed, great youtuber)

I looked online afterwards, the cheapest I could see was about £250.

I did have the chance to get one a bit back, but passed on it since it has pal compatibility issues being a genesis system...

I wouldn't mind one, but id have to rebuy a genesis version of my favourite games.
Currently collecting:- PC Engine, mastersystem, mega drive and CDi.

TrekMD

The prices must have gone up since I got mine!  I paid $60 for mine. 

TrekMD

Dreamcast Gamer

Another exciting thread that's been revived!  I had a chance to buy one locally for $50 a few years ago, but I was kind of stupid and decided that my AtGames rip-off was good enough.

TrekMD

That was a fantastic price!  I have one that I got modded with a modern screen.  Looks much better.  :) 

zapiy

I would love one, maybe one day.

Great to see the battery fix.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC