Happy 20th Anniversary Sega Dreamcast!

Started by TrekMD, September 09, 2019, 23:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The Sega Dreamcast turns 20 today. In this episode Modern Vintage Gamer takes a look back at the games, how it was hacked, Echelon crazy stories, Super Smash Pack and how the Dreamcast will never die.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

gregleg

I still have my launch Dreamcast, hooked up to my plasma via HDMI (using a Toro SCART/VGA box to an XRGB-Mini, both of which I had to import because SCART was basically unheard of here in the States...)  Amazingly ahead of its time to the point where some of the graphics still hold up today.

Anyone else unlucky enough to get one of the bad discs at launch?  At the time we had no idea if it was the disc or the Dreamcast itself, so TECHNICALLY I don't have my original Dreamcast since my store let me swap it for another a few days later...  Not the smoothest launch, but what a system.

TrekMD

I bought a Dreamcast several years ago as part of a console bundle and I was quite impressed with it.  I have gradually grown my collection of games for it.

Shadowrunner

I had never heard of that bad disc problem. I still have my launch Dreamcast. :)

davyk

I didn't bite at launch. I waited until I could vulture it in 2001 to my shame. But I got a lot of new games cheap for it then.

I have 2 DCs now with a good game collection and all the controllers (wheels, arcade sticks, guns etc). Great system. Wouldn't be without it.

TrekMD

Well, I didn't bite until a few years ago and I love it.  It is an amazing system.

Garou

The Dreamcast was a great console, one of my top 3 of all time <3

So many hours well spent playing great games like Capcom Vs SNK 2  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ate4dJM5QIY