AgaCart - New SD Multicart for Atari Lynx

Started by TrekMD, April 24, 2019, 00:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

RafaÅ, Jankowski has announced he will be releasing a new multicart for the Atari Lynx called the AgaCart.  The AgaCart will use an SD cart for storing ROM files. You choose the games using buttons on the back of the cartridge.  The Cart supports 256k and 512k games in .lyx format, 128k files need to be converted to 256k. The maximum number of files is 199.

RafaÅ, Jankowski has released already a 48-in-1 Lynx multicart in the past, so he has experience with this type of project and this is essentially an updated version of his previous multicart. 

For those interested, the AgaCart can already be ordered by contacting RafaÅ, at the Polish Atari Forums.  He plans to start a thread for taking orders on Atari Age as well.  If you're curious about the technical details, check out the thread at the Polish Atari Forum.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Really good, may have to get this so I can do a comparison review with RetroHQ's cart.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

There are not even 199 games for Lynx, or are there? I have 85.

TrekMD

I don't believe so, even if you count the homebrews.

zapiy

There will be demos, homebrew mini  games too that you can add so I guess it’s more about file allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

Anyway, is it not always better to have too much rather than not enough ;)

zapiy

Absolutely mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spector

There was a lynx multicart that came out last spring which I bought that I think may have the edge over this as it gives you the game file names on screen to scroll down rather than pushing a button, but this still looks like a solid alternative.
DEATH TO SUGAR

zapiy

TrekMD

I think he's referring to the RetroHQ one, which has an on screen menu for the games.

zapiy