Best way of removing fine scratches and scuffs from cases

Started by guest6424, February 19, 2019, 20:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6424

Anyone know what the best way of making a case look like brand new is? Obviously you can retrobright it to get rid of yellowing and WD40 will polish up the case nicely but I'm look for a way of removing the really fine scratches that show the consoles age? I've heard that using a cream cleaner like cif/jif works as it has micro-particles so acts as a very light abrasive.

TrekMD

I've seen people post pictures of restored consoles but I've never been certain of how they remove the scratches. I did find this video that may help, though.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I've heard mixed things, from my experience it will remove some of the shine in the plastics, you can try and buff them up after.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest6424

Some in another forum have suggested this https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Novus&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I think I'll buy some battered old Mega Drives on eBay and give the kitchen cream cleaner a go first seeing as it's like 80p from Asda.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...