Elite Systems Interview Questions Needed

Started by zapiy, March 19, 2012, 21:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

[align=center:2q8kfy5y][/align:2q8kfy5y]

Hi all we have bagged an interview with Elite Systems they had a  licensing deal involving three of Capcom's arcade hits, starting with Commando, which once again hit No. 1. The next year they capitalised on arcade conversions again with Tecmo's Bombjack, Capcom's Ghosts 'n' Goblins, and Atari's Paperboy, the latter being voted Game of the Year in 1988. With the success of these titles, Elite grew quickly and became one of the significant publishers to come out of the UK.

So simply post you questions here by the 25th March.

Cheers all.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

A link to their page on Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Systems

I have a few questions I will add later.

Carlos

I would like to know exactly how many copies of Space Invasion were actually sold/ made?

was is a token thing to get it sold in the GDR. did they just do a couple and sell commando instead, as there is no way to tell unless you load the tape up.

The next question would be a new angle on Scooby Do, I know that its a game that wasn't, but what game did they wish they never took on, if they had to choose one.

AmigaJay

How different is the gaming industry now to how it was when Elite first started in the 80's?

What system was the most fun and challenging to work on and why?

If you could turn back the clock and cancel one of your released games, which one would it be and why?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

Elite were working on several games for the Atari Jaguar including Virtuoso and Powerslide. Virtuoso was known to be finished and has been in the hands of the publishers Telegames for many years now but they claimed they couldn't release it because Elite wanted too much in royalties, is there any truth to this?

A prototype of Powerslide for the 3DO turned up recently, do you know what happened to the Jaguar version?

Carlos

If he were God for a day, who would he....

Made a Saint?

Send to Hell?

DreamcastRIP

In terms of playability your games often were at their best on the Spectrum. Why was this?
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

zapiy

Will Elite ever release any next gen games?

Also do to my work schedule i will be sending these over Thursday so you have a few more days to get your questions in.

Cheers

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Questions sent..
Will post a new thread once we get the replies.

Carl i sent a couple of yours mate now all as he might have thought we were whacko lol.