Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

Skies Of Arcadia NSTC-U (for VGA compat)
Strider (SMS)
After Burner 2 (SMD)
Fire Pro Wrestling D (SDC)

no more for a while with any luck! Though if I were to find the money i'll be getting Supreme Warrior for the 32x, the Mega CD version has NOT aged well at all lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

Console Compulsive

Megadrive
NBA Live '97

N64
WCW/NWO Revenge
WWF No Mercy

PS1
Mortal Kombat 3
Everybodys golf 2
Bust a Move 4
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash bandicoot 3
Family Games Compendium
Mickys Wild Adventure
Pac-Man World
Pandemonium
Pandemonium 2
Populous : the Beginning
Q*Bert
Robocod
Spiderman 2 Enter: Electro
Time Crisis Project Titan
Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness

All for £1 each.....WIN!!!!

Console Compulsive

Just to add to my previous list I found some more retro bargains, again at a local charity shop.

Loaded - Sega Saturn

Colony wars - PS1
Battlestations - PS1
Firestorm Thunderhawk 2 - PS1

And on opening the cases found there were extra discs in there too for Wipeout and LMA Manager.  I love charity shops  :D

dcultrapro

I've been doing some emulating recently with Fusion 364 to check out games I haven't got or couldn't afford for the old Sega Consoles and I picked up 2 today for pretty good prices on Ebay for the Mega CD

Batman Returns
Soul Star

Laird will know all about Soul Star as he gave me a demo of it on the Jaguar! sadly that demo has never played for very long so I thought I'd try it out on Mega CD, luckily I found it for £20 on ebay and Batman Returns for about £14!

Anyone got any suggestions for Mega CD at all? I also thought it funny so thought I'd share that someone is listing T-Mek for 32x on ebay for a little under £3000 for PAL... holy WTF!! lol

Pro
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

how is it different on the Jag? I've played both versions now and I must admit I can't remember any GLARINGLY massive differences? Other than the fact that the Jaguar one just decides to stop working when it likes lol

Yeah I'm sure the platforming sections won't be that great but hey, it looked alright on MCD lol

EDIT! I just looked up Soul Star footage from the Jag and they do look pretty much identical, just that the Jag has higher res graphics, the sprites are cleaner and perhaps made using a different technique than the standard sprites in the Mega CD version
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

thats what I mean, like a hd makeover or update for a newer platform, would've been nice to see the finished product
Ultrapro on xbox live

CeefaxOfDelphi

just picked up Nightmare Creatures II for my DC - can play until next week though! torture!

Console Compulsive

I have managed to get quite a hoard over the last couple of days.

The first lot was a bundle I picked up yesterday for £16 off a friend who was thinning out his collection.

The Simpsons: Barts Nightmare - Megadrive
Axis - Megadrive Jap
Fire Mustang - Megadrive Jap
Altered Beast - Megadrive Jap
Back to the Future 3 - Master System
Pac Mania - Master System
Hybrid Heaven (cartridge Misprint with Turok Label) - N64
Mystic Quest Legend - Snes
Dr Mario - Gameboy
Primal Rage - Gameboy
N64 Logic 3 Trident Pad (Boxed)
Snes Action Replay Pro (Boxed with books and instructions)

The second lot I managed to pick up today from charity shops all for £1 each.

Sol Feace/Cobra Command - Mega CD
Silpheed - Mega CD
Road Avenger - Mega CD
Sega Classics Arcade Collection - Mega CD
Shadow of Memories - PS2
Zool - Amiga (boxed, complete & near mint)
The Ball Game - Atari ST (sealed)
Potsworth & Co - Atari ST (sealed)
Xiphos - Atari ST
The Viking Child Prophecy - Atari ST

Console Compulsive

More lucky than busy really. I'm just glad I decided to walk between client appointments instead of getting the bus otherwise I may well have missed out on them. Also very lucky that my friend was getting rid of such great stuff too.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

hey guys,  I've been doing a little digging with the Mega CD and I hadn't realised how many awesome games had come out for it in the PAL region!! I got Soul Star and Batman Returns the other day but I'm currently bidding on the following:

Battlecorps
Thunderhawk
Novastorm
Robo Alleste

any other games I should be getting? I've already got the following so if anyone can suggest some that I should think about that I haven't already got that'd be awesome. I did bid on Final Fight but I failed :(

games I have:

Sonic CD
Earthworm Jim SE
Supreme Warrior
Ground Zero Texas
Road Avenger
Soul Feace
Cobra Command
Surgical Strike
World Cup USA 94
Eternal Champions Challenge From The Dark Side
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

awesome, thanks man, Core design did seem to like the MCD didn't they? I'll look into those ones
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

yeah? which games did they do on the JAG? I'm drawing a blank, my memory is poo lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

aaah yes, sorry the obvious one was Soul Star, but I guess I thought you meant that some titles had made it to market rather than incomplete
Ultrapro on xbox live

Console Compulsive

That really sucks! I can't believe someone would steal a game at an event.