Author Topic: Megadrive repro carts  (Read 396 times)

Offline davyk

• View Profile
Megadrive repro carts
« on: September 20, 2018, 20:57:36 PM »
Got this off an eBay seller.

MUSHA is a damn expensive game - £400 or so original CIB. No way I could justify that and I don't really like ROMs.

Here's a decent compromise. £25 delivered. There may be better offers than that but I took a punt.

First off - the game works great. It's a cracking game  - a rock solid 2D shooter. The box feels a bit cheap but I suppose I could harvest one from a cheap game. The cart looks fine as does the manual. The print inside the manual is the weakest thing but it's readable. Overall - I'd do this again if I want some really expensive game - Snow Bros and Wardner for example. :)

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Megadrive repro carts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 22:30:24 PM »
Looks good, almost too good! Other than the quality of the box and manual is there anything on the cart or packaging that states it's a repro?

As long as it's marked as a repro I'm okay with these but if it can be passed off as real to unsuspecting people then that's not cool.

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 22:40:57 PM »
It looks pretty good - but really it wouldn't fool anyone - it's pretty obvious it's a repro - the box feels quite cheap and the cart has a 16bit logo on the back - so it isn't trying to fool anyone.  :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 04:06:06 AM »
With some of these rare games, this is a good way to go.  If it is clear repro, it's not a problem. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
Agreed but bare in mind some people are new to this and won't be able to tell the difference so they should be clearly marked and repo's.

Looks good though fella.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
The photos actually make it look a bit better than it really is - so I could see how someone could be fooled with eBay pics.

The price should be the big giveaway.....provided the seller is honest.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 17:19:25 PM »
Yeah your right mate, sadly there is a few people in the world that will attempt to scam people.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC