Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Being Reborn as a Live-Action Netflix Series  (Read 197 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
I don't know if anyone here is a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender but I thought I'd share this because it is cool news...

Hot on the heels of Netflix’s The Dragon Prince, from Avatar: The Last Airbender head writer Aaron Ehasz, the studio has just stealthily announced that Avatar is coming back in an all-new, live-action series.

Along with the first piece of concept art from the upcoming reboot, Netflix announced that The Last Airbender’s co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are both signed on to oversee the show, something they’ve been planning on for ages.

In a public statement, DiMartino and Konietzko expressed their excitement about the upcoming show and made a point of stating that this incarnation of the Aang’s story will star characters of color, unlike M. Night Shyamalan’s much-maligned 2010 The Last Airbender...

Read more here:  io9

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Being Reborn as a Live-Action Netflix Series
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:44:30 AM »
Hmm, well that statement reads well enough to get my interest. I liked the last air bender although I felt it lacked in character. It had great potential to be a real blockbuster, shame. Let’s see what this series brings to the fore.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t look for sympathy, just acceptance. Thank

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Being Reborn as a Live-Action Netflix Series
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »
The movie is what introduced me to the series but it did fall fall short.  Turning the animated series into a live action series will be cool if don right.  It will cost plenty of money as it will filled with special effects constantly.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...