bjl dump command

Started by walter_j64bit, August 23, 2018, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walter_j64bit

Ok, I've got my old laptop up and running thanks to a donor laptop I have, :-D anyway!
I want to use bjl dump but I'm unsure if I'm using it right. I've got the jag on the ready orange screen. so now I want to use the autodetection setup so is this the command "BJL_DUMP.EXE try.rom 0 800000 0" I'm right and how can I tell if it's working? :?   Thanks!

Saturn

I'm no expert and not sure what the "auto detection" function is but from what I know, after connecting up the Jag and opening a command prompt inside the dumping directory I have to type in lo_inp -8 BJL_DUMP.BIN to get to the orange screen. Sounds like you did this from your post (unless there's an alternative way I'm unaware of) so next would be to type in:

BJL_DUMP try.rom 0 800000 0

I've never used the command with .exe after the BJL_DUMP part. Kinda automatically does that for you, to my knowledge and it might corrupt the entire command. Will have to try it sometime.
A countdown of kilobytes should start at the bottom of the command window. If the ROM is 4MB it'd say 4096 KB and begin reducing. Takes my XP machine 58 minutes to dump 4MB.

So, if you see the 'countdown' of KBs it's working.

walter_j64bit

OK, I'll try this out and I'll have to be patience.  :o I'm using Windows 98 with an AMD Duron @ 850 MHz and 512MB of ram. :D  It's a good thing I didn't fix up a 486 PC from the looks of things a PC running XP take some time to use the app I would hate to see the bjl dump running on a 486.  ;D

Thanks!

walter_j64bit

No, luck I've let my Jag and PC run for 2 hours the countdown of kilobytes didn't show up.  :-[ I'm going to let the setup run over night to see if I can get anything.

Saturn

Oh no, that sucks. Maybe with Windows 98 you DO have to use the .exe portion of the command. I've never tried it with that OS. Either way, the countdown should start immediately after pressing Enter so if it's not up after all that time it doesn't sound like it will be.

I'll try to up the full contents of my directory. Might be missing a file or something to make it work. I'll have to connect my XP computer but hopefully it won't take forever.

walter_j64bit

Awesome!  :) Can you take screen shots I'm a visual learner. Thanks!

Saturn

I'll try to take screen shots this evening. Work is out of control.. as usual 8)

walter_j64bit

I might have to put my Jag dumping on hold, I think I've got a laptop with a gimp LPT1 port.  :o

Saturn

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I haven't been able to take screen shots yet anyway.
Will try to in the meantime but hope the port gets sorted.

walter_j64bit

I've got a NOS replacement motherboard on the way and it didn't cost much just $15.70 with free shipping.  ;D

Saturn

walter_j64bit

I've got the new motherboard, I'm putting it in the laptop. This is not my strong-point  :o "I do desktops"  ;D I hope to have it all together soon, so I can get back to dumping the romz that I can't find on the information superhighway.  :P   

Saturn

Cool, I hope it works. I'm still trying to get some screenshots or video but work is out of control :P

walter_j64bit

Got my laptop running after fighting with it all day, I've checked the LPT1 port it seem to work but the laptop is running slow for some reason I've have no idea why.  ???  I'll try to dump my romz tomorrow I need a brake from this laptop.  :o

Saturn

Sorry to hear it's running slow. Bad mobo?? Damn... :(