Membership Purge

Started by zapiy, August 15, 2018, 15:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Afternoon all,

I have purged 300 members, 56 where zero poster, 103 where single post posters and the rest was anyone regardless of post count that have not logged in for over 1000 days.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

That's a huge number, but it has to be done, can't have deadites circling about the place

zapiy

It is a huge number mate but someone who does not visit in over 3 years is hardly going to come back I figured.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That makes sense.  It's unfortunate that so many people have not come back.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

Sokurah

Now I'm happy that I log in here every day to check for news, so I should be good  :D

I can totally see why you would need to cull old or passive users, but personally I was dissapointed to go on The English Amiga Boards a couple of weeks ago just to find that my account had been deleted. To be fair it had been quite a long time since I had logged in last ... but I just can't visit all forums all the time. I have far too many interests for that  ;D
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

zapiy

I would never delete you anyway mate. I do look at those that would be deleted and removed a few names for various reasons. One being the post count lol.

onthinice

I just made it. LOL!!!

It was close 2 years, 11 months, 30 days, 23 hours and 59 seconds. Glad I posted. ;D

After almost 20 years of marriage the loss of my wife was a hard blow. Took the wind out of my sails so to speak.

She took half of everything when she left. Except that is my video game collection. Ok, she did take the Nintendo Wii. No real loss.

I joke of course. Divorce is a hard thing. We had been together 23 years. Dated for 3 then married 20. Loss interest in everything that did not involve our kids. Fought a broken heart then realized I was given parole.  ;D

We share parenting and I like to think we are all doing fine. Only one of our kids is still at home. Mostly mine. Which is okay to, keeps my milk fresher when someone else helps drink it.

Starting to return to my former life. Gaming was a large part of that.

Just wanted to explain my absence. Hope to post more but if not please keep the 3 year rule. I will always make that time limit. :)

Thanks to everyone who has kept the site fresh!

Thinice

TrekMD

Glad to see you back and sorry to learn about the divorce.  Hope to see you around more often now that things are going back to a new normal for you. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Hey Ice! Nice to see you're getting past what must have been a really tough time for you.

Greyfox

Thanks thinice for making it back here at RVG, and very sorry to hear what's been going on in your life the last while and your divorce, it can't have been easy to handle, 23 years is a vast amount of time spend with each other, I myself have been absent for some time here at RVG no thanks to my job I do these days, which either has me heading for bed shortly after I come home or I'm working till late every other week. Plus I'm heavily involved in producing a 400 page Atari 8-bit book which is going to blow peoples minds, so working on that when times is given so it's all go.

But delighted you've come by to say hello again and snapshot yourself back into the frame here at RVG. 👍

zapiy

Glad to see your back fella, sorry about your divorce, I understand how hard that must have been and I guess it still is in many ways..

What you up too gaming wise?