New Indiegogo - G Blue Arcade Machine

Started by TrekMD, July 29, 2018, 01:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

These things keep popping up.  I still thought I'd share it...

G Blue - Arcade Machine, a startup that will bring to life the best moments you've ever lived from the eighties to the next. An extremely friendly multi-system platform that facilitates the installation and execution of games from various devices that have marked the history of the video game, including its favorites.

G Blue is a device based on Blue Ocean and has as main characteristic the customization that goes from its color, its emblems and even its system, because it uses Open Source system. It also reinforces the important participation of women in the world of games.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

TrekMD

There are other emulation machines that have been sold this way.  Creating the machine itself should not be an issue, but the ROMs are another matter.

DeadVoivod

It says that it’s based on Linux, but doesn’t explain anything if it runs own software or existing emulators. Or how to install stuff.

I thougt this might be a nice device to travel with, it looks quite portable.

Is there a good emulation machine existing? I mean a portable one. As you know I’m using my PS3 with RetroArch as emulation machine, but it is definitely the least portable :D

TrekMD

Yes, there are others out there.  Even an OUYA can work well as an emulator machine.

zapiy

Interesting..

Will watch this with interest.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I just checked on this.  2 months to go but only 2 people are backing it right now.  Looks like it may be going nowhere. 

AmigaJay

Looks awful, just get a nVidia Shield TV now without losing $200 on this gamble!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Vadergb

It looks poor to me.

The Indiegogo business model of allowing vapourware/incomplete hardware is worrying. At least Kickstarter has more requirements for people to hit before releasing, even then crwodfunding is scary.

The Vega+, RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon, RetroEngine Sigma and VCS all have had warning flags for me. Some completed, some failed and some in progress.

Most things can be done with RPI3, Microsd card loaded with Retropie and some usb controllers.