Author Topic: Shazam! Trailer  (Read 828 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Shazam! Trailer
« on: July 21, 2018, 22:19:23 PM »
DC is on a roll.  This one looks like it will be very lighthearted. Shazam! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline DeadVoivod

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Classicamiga
Re: Shazam! Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 21:34:04 PM »
Looks funny 😄

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 20:04:48 PM »
Hmm, not sure if I like this. I mean, I get the whole re-launch from a less serious angle thing, but I remember the original mini films at the local cinema. I seem to remember the character being quite serious which, I liked, as the adult superhero put right many wrongs thus becoming an aspirational figure or idol for young boys. You know, as an adult, you always try to do the right thing - Something like that. So I wonder if this will just be another Kickass clone 🤔
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t look for sympathy, just acceptance. Thank

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 21:07:41 PM »
The character has changed some through the years and now they make him a bit more lighthearted, which doesn't quite fit for someone who is supposed to have the wisdom of Solomon.  Even in the cartoons they do still play with the child-like characteristics of Shazam but, in the end, the character does the right thing for the right reasons.  In fact, in Young Justice his being both an adult and a kid was integral for one particular story and it worked very well.  So, I'm reserving judgement until i see the final product.  :)

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 21:49:53 PM »
The character has changed some through the years and now they make him a bit more lighthearted, which doesn't quite fit for someone who is supposed to have the wisdom of Solomon.  Even in the cartoons they do still play with the child-like characteristics of Shazam but, in the end, the character does the right thing for the right reasons.  In fact, in Young Justice his being both an adult and a kid was integral for one particular story and it worked very well.  So, I'm reserving judgement until i see the final product.  :)
That makes a lot of sense. It goes to show how powerful childhood memories are. I never read any of the comics and, although I did have a quick read through the wiki page, which you elegantly summarise, my feelings about the character are biased. I’ll wait and see also 😉
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t look for sympathy, just acceptance. Thank

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 23:15:51 PM »
I summarized the wiki page?  I haven't even read it!  That's funny!  If you have a chance, watch Young Justice (it's on Netflix) and you'll see how they use the character.  It will likely give you a sense of what he may be like in the movie.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:50 AM »
I summarized the wiki page?  I haven't even read it!  That's funny!  If you have a chance, watch Young Justice (it's on Netflix) and you'll see how they use the character.  It will likely give you a sense of what he may be like in the movie.
No, I didn’t meant you had summarised the wiki page just that your summary was very good. I had a quick look at wiki just to refresh my memory a little and realised I don’t remember very much at all 😝
As I do have Netflix these days, I will have a look at Young Justice. Thanks.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »
OK, that makes more sense.  :)  You'll enjoy Young Justice.  It's finally getting a third season too!

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 20:50:18 PM »
OK, that makes more sense.  :)  You'll enjoy Young Justice.  It's finally getting a third season too!
Alas, Netflix in the UK no longer has Young Justice. I may find something on YouTube

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 02:37:04 AM »
Well, that sucks.  Do they not have it on DVD either?  Or do you only have the streaming subscription?

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 05:12:15 AM »
Well, that sucks.  Do they not have it on DVD either?  Or do you only have the streaming subscription?
Streaming subscription. But I’ll find it 😉