The Sega Dreamcast Thread

Started by TL, July 25, 2012, 19:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

That is great news! Thanks for sharing 8)

onthinice

Pier Solar so reminds me of Lunar on the Mega/Sega CD.

dcultrapro

you know pier solar was released on md first in 2010 right?
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Yeah, I never followed its release.

I have always heard kind words about the game.

Just that I do not seem to find the time to play RPG's anymore. When Pier Solar came out I was debating between Lunar for the Playstation or importing the Saturn version.

Still deciding but a DreamCast version sounds tempting 8)

TL

There are threads about all those games in the homebrew section

dcultrapro

yep I know, just thought I'd update the Dreamcast thread with some info... me being a prime example, I often miss news and info about stuff like this and thought it'd be helpful to those who hadn't already heard of them
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

I always appreciate the info.

Retro Video Gamer is my only choice for gaming news and info 8)

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"yep I know, just thought I'd update the Dreamcast thread with some info... me being a prime example, I often miss news and info about stuff like this and thought it'd be helpful to those who hadn't already heard of them

I know mate, very good idea.

I was just pointing out where people could find more info and discuss each game ;)

dcultrapro

thanks! Yeah I was proper hacked off to find that I had missed the kick starter for Pier Solar HD... oh well!

generally speaking re the DC, I'd be interested to know just how many units roughly would be in existence still... I know it would be impossible to ever find out but I'm just fascinated by its constant popularity and support even now. I know it sold just over 10 Million, so there can't be much more than that out there in the hands of the public, just interesting to contemplate. I wonder how many of them are still used by people properly and of those people, how many know about the new games that are still coming out?
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

I used to have three DreamCasts, kept one, sold one and one the laser lens quit working. Tried to get it fixed but ended up scrapping the thing.

davyk

Looks like Sturmwind is due on 24th April - can't wait.

http://duranik.com/

TL

nakamura

That could be quite fun, after a lot of alcohol.

davyk

Looks good - oddly enough this is in a similar style to the original Mario Bros which was a single screen battle type of game.

There's a battle mode selectable in the SMB3 menu of Msrio All Stars on the SNES which isn't bad at all for a short blast and it's a shame Nintendo themselves haven't expanded upon it like this.