Games You Wish Had A Sequel?

Started by TL, July 22, 2012, 21:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"Oooh oooh! I got another!

Xenophobe

I really wish that game had got a sequel, it's the best Aliens game out there without having a license.
:-) Objection! what about Alien Breed Amiga or Alien Swarm (Unreal T.2004 Mod PC)? or C64 Project Firestart?

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "The Laird"Oooh oooh! I got another!

Xenophobe

I really wish that game had got a sequel, it's the best Aliens game out there without having a license.
:-) Objection! what about Alien Breed Amiga or Alien Swarm (Unreal T.2004 Mod PC)? or C64 Project Firestart?

Alien Breed is good (as is Alien Thing on the ST) but I prefer Xenophobe. Especially on the Lynx via Comlynx!!!!

TrekMD

Hmm, a game that I think should have gotten an arcade sequel was Crystal Castles.  I suppose I could think of the upcoming Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest on the 7800 as a sequel.  :)

[align=center:1pscehar][/align:1pscehar]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I always wish that Atari had made more use of Bentley Bear, he would have made a great mascot for the company.

There are so many Atari arcade games I would have liked to have seen sequels too like I Robot, Major Havoc, Robot Monsters, Peter Pack Rat, Thunderjaws, Skull & Crossbones and Rampart. In fact especially Rampart, they could have taken that concept much further with inland as well as coastal battles and taken it through the ages too. Sometimes I think Atari were too busy trying to come up with another original and innovative game when they could have been improving upon the formula of an existing one.

TrekMD

Bentley Bear really was indeed a character that could easily have been a great mascot for Atari.  I wonder if they ever considered the idea.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"Bentley Bear really was indeed a character that could easily have been a great mascot for Atari.  I wonder if they ever considered the idea.

My take:

Trouble with mascots is they get milked...to death!

Crash on PS1 appears in Karting game, (as does Sonic which is bloody daft as he runs fast, that's whole point, so why would he..ohh well you get the idea) as has Sackboy (LBP) has'nt he? (i hate LBP but sure the cloth twat popped up in a kart racer), they appear in Tetris clones, Tennis games, fighters, hack n slash games, you name it.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"I always wish that Atari had made more use of Bentley Bear, he would have made a great mascot for the company.

There are so many Atari arcade games I would have liked to have seen sequels too like I Robot, Major Havoc, Robot Monsters, Peter Pack Rat, Thunderjaws, Skull & Crossbones and Rampart. In fact especially Rampart, they could have taken that concept much further with inland as well as coastal battles and taken it through the ages too. Sometimes I think Atari were too busy trying to come up with another original and innovative game when they could have been improving upon the formula of an existing one.

Would have loved to have seen I, Robot get the '2000' treatment on Jaguar.Original game I, Robot+ and I, Robot 2000 all on same cart.

Same with Rampart (and that's a superb idea of game advancing through the ages, kinda like way Mega-Lo-Mania did it, have each new era get better tech so field guns replaced cannons, introduction of tanks, aircraft etc)

TrekMD

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"My take:

Hmm, new mascot idea!

[align=center:3fh0rtpv][/align:3fh0rtpv]

She can milked all they want!   :24:

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"My take:

Hmm, new mascot idea!

[align=center:3rt5d7uy][/align:3rt5d7uy]

She can milked all they want!   :24:

Don't go giving 'em ideas, lol

Bobinator

Technically, it's been done.

Sure, they're not game mascots, but... hey, here's a game that needs a sequel!

Wild Guns (SNES) - HARD - No Death Run - Stage 1

So this is Wild Guns, which is basically what happens when you take Cabal & Blood Brothers and make it as awesome as it can get. I mean, it's the Wild West. And there's giant robots. That should be all you need to play it, but it's also really, really fun. I can't think of much a sequel would add, honestly, but the way I see it, more of a good thing is never something I'd turn down.

TL

CABAL!!!!! Great shout!!!!  :69:

Cabal arcade complete gameplay 1/2

And while we are talking about Tad Corp . . . . . . . . .

Arcade Longplay [002] Toki

TrekMD

Here's a video looking at a wish list of games that these folks wish had sequels...

[align=center:27xdf8si]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxSxg59rGA#t=68[/align:27xdf8si]

TrekMD

A game I think would be fun to see some sort of sequel to is Klax!  The original game is tons of fun but I bet someone could come up with ways of making it even better in a sequel.

[align=center:384hotqf]Klax (Arcade) Gameplay[/align:384hotqf]

TL

Good shout, I always wondered why Atari Games in the Tengen years seemed to shy away from making sequels.

Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters, Xybots, Klax, STUN Runner, Pit-Fighter, Skull & Crossbones, Steel Talons, A.P.B., Toobin', Rampart and 720 Degrees (of the top of my head) should have all had follow ups.

TrekMD

All those games certainly were good enough to deserve sequels.  A STUN Runner sequel would have been fantastic!