Games You Wish Had A Sequel?

Started by TL, July 22, 2012, 21:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

So what games are there that you really wish got a sequel?

Is there one game that never got the series it richly deserved or a series that was cut off before its prime?

The first one for me is Streets Of Rage, it's criminal they never made a 4th game for the Saturn  :'(

AmigaJay

They did though...Fighting Force!
I suppose more proof that some 2d games don't work in 3d!

As I put on RG I would have loved a sequel to Hunter, can't believe it was made with more or less one man, imagine if they had a full team working a sequel!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

Quote from: "AmigaJay"They did though...Fighting Force!

Thats not a real sequel, plus the Saturn version never came out.

AmigaJay

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "AmigaJay"They did though...Fighting Force!

Thats not a real sequel, plus the Saturn version never came out.
Well it would have been if Sega didn't pull out of the deal, so Core design rebranded the game, but there is plenty of stuff left in bar name changes that make it obvious a sequel that never happened.
The game itself was crap I played the ps1 version when it came out, too slow and sluggish...so best end with SOR3 than that pile of poop!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Greyfox

And also their was a fighting force 2 , which sucked pants..

For me a sequel than never made it and should of been has to be : Black 2 , I though and even now still think its look next gen fps , for a games nearly 10 yrs old ,this was way ahead of it's time for both visual and sfx and gameplay,  their was a rumour that black 2 was in the works, but no..ea decided lets do another fucking need for speed game!, and with battlefield and moh it's very unlikely to happen, as with EA's judgement at present, is a big fucking mistake!

Shadowrunner

Personally I would love a new Grandia game. The first two are incredible games with a really good battle system.   Or for a good arcade game a new Defender woud be awesome.

TL

I wish STUN Runner had been given a sequel too, on the Jaguar with texture mapping - that would have been freaking sweet!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

I've got several sequels that I wish had happened over the years

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Ristar 2
Burning Rangers 2
Shenmue 3
Skies Of Arcadia 2
Zillion 3

I need to think of some more from the 8/16bit era, though I'm having trouble remembering at the moment lol

Ooh oh just thought of one, Comix Zone!!
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Another Atari arcade game I wish got a sequel - A.P.B!

It was a really unique game at the time and would have been cool if they had done a new game with a more free roaming world a bit like Grand Theft Auto.

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"I've got several sequels that I wish had happened over the years

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Ristar 2
Burning Rangers 2
Shenmue 3
Skies Of Arcadia 2
Zillion 3

I need to think of some more from the 8/16bit era, though I'm having trouble remembering at the moment lol

They really should have done a Burning Rangers game for the Dreamcast

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "dcultrapro"I've got several sequels that I wish had happened over the years

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Ristar 2
Burning Rangers 2
Shenmue 3
Skies Of Arcadia 2
Zillion 3

They really should have done a Burning Rangers game for the Dreamcast

Even a DC make over, using power of the DC to portray the Saturn game in it's full potential would have been superb, but yet again Sega did nothing with it

dcultrapro

yeah that would've been incredible. I think there should be another Jet Set Radio soon and the two most obvious ones for ANY self respecting Dreamcast/Saturn fan must be:

Shenmue 3
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2

I know, I KNOW!! Orta does follow on however indirectly I just think there should've been another RPG in that world, it was just such an incredible game the first that to not do another was almost as big a sin as not finishing the Shenmue story
Ultrapro on xbox live

nakamura

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Personally I would love a new Grandia game. The first two are incredible games with a really good battle system.   Or for a good arcade game a new Defender woud be awesome.

Ugh no no no please!!

Grandia was incredible, a masterpiece of gaming. Grandia 2 was something of a wet blanket and Grandia 3 was dire. I'd rather leave it there!

TL

Oooh oooh! I got another!

Xenophobe

I really wish that game had got a sequel, it's the best Aliens game out there without having a license.