Games You Wish Had A Sequel?

Started by TL, July 22, 2012, 21:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Never played Screamer 2, but the others are excellent shouts!

TrekMD

Here is a fantastic game for the Intellivision that needs a sequel!  Thunder Castle! 

Thunder Castle - Intellivision Lives!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

A game that I wish had a sequel is Venture.  I think a much larger game could have been created as a sequel that even added new elements to the game.  Heck, even enhanced graphics would be cool for a sequel.

[align=center:iiq4xo6e]Venture by Exidy 1981[/align:iiq4xo6e]

Bobinator

Quote from: "SnakeEyes"Sunset Riders Arcade - 4 players Playthrough

This sort of kind of actually does have sequels. Well, they don't take place in the same setting, but they're both made my Konami and feature very similar gameplay. Take a look sometime!

Mystic Warriors Arcade - 4 players Playthrough Part 1

Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa (Arcade) - Full Game

As for me? Hmm... let me think.

Wild Guns needs one for sure. An amazing evolution of Cabal with an amazing setting and even better music. Too bad Natsume is stuck making Harvest Moon games for all eternity.

guest5124

I know this one is going to sound odd but I would of liked seeing another Friday the 13th. Being a big fan of horror movies and knowing how many horror fans are out there I'm surprised this one never got a sequel. I know there wasn't a lot of fans of the Nes version but there's some much they could do with that game.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Jagman67"I know this one is going to sound odd but I would of liked seeing another Friday the 13th. Being a big fan of horror movies and knowing how many horror fans are out there I'm surprised this one never got a sequel. I know there wasn't a lot of fans of the Nes version but there's some much they could do with that game.

With so many parts for that franchise, it is indeed surprising that there weren't any more games based on the movies. 

guest5124

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Jagman67"I know this one is going to sound odd but I would of liked seeing another Friday the 13th. Being a big fan of horror movies and knowing how many horror fans are out there I'm surprised this one never got a sequel. I know there wasn't a lot of fans of the Nes version but there's some much they could do with that game.

With so many parts for that franchise, it is indeed surprising that there weren't any more games based on the movies.
Exactly, it's actually quite unbelievable. I would of liked to see the game as you playing as Jason. Something different for a change  :113:

TrekMD

How about Jason vs Freddy!  Like the movie!

guest5124

I didn't even think of that one, awesome idea! Also would of liked to seen a sequel to the Atati 2600 Halloween game. I liked the atari one but again, I believe another missed opportunity.

TrekMD

There's a homebrew being developed that mixes several of these franchises.  It'll be interesting to see how it looks when done.  :)

guest5124

Yes, I've seen that and im very excited about it. If I remember correctly it's called Legends for the Atari 2600.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Jagman67"Yes, I've seen that and im very excited about it. If I remember correctly it's called Legends for the Atari 2600.

Yep, that's it.  Haven't seen any updates about it recently, though.

guest5124

I haven't seen any updates on it either. I just hope they follow through with it. Would be a great game for horror fans like myself.

TrekMD

I guess we just have to wait.  Perhaps closer to Halloween we'll hear that it is ready for release.  :)