New Site Live

Started by zapiy, March 09, 2018, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have taken the decision to go live with the new frontend even though there are some things need doing but i need to test in the real world and start to get feedback on it as we go and ultimately get our content out there again, I hope you like it and I hope you all get to use it as we intend on making RVG great again..

In the meantime i suspect some of you will just want to frequent the forum and therefor you can bookmark this link

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=forum

This will bring you straight here and bypass the frontend.

We are now looking for contributers so please get in touch if you fancy doing that.

Feedback welcome.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Looks good! :)

Edit: Is there anyway to have a front page for the forum again? There's the New Posts tab which works but it was nice to have that front page that showed all the most recent posts and who was logged in.

AmigaJay

Good stuff guys! Glad your site is more a site now rather than a forum with pages if you know what i mean, looks great!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Quote from: Shadowrunner on March 09, 2018, 14:49:05 PM
Looks good! :)

Edit: Is there anyway to have a front page for the forum again? There's the New Posts tab which works but it was nice to have that front page that showed all the most recent posts and who was logged in.

The page? You can book mark it, I have plans to allow the old links to work, just not worked out how at the moment.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Before when you clicked on Home it would bring up a page that had all the most recent posts that would fit on the page going down the middle and on the left hand side there was a list of all the logged in members.

The new Home page has a little box of most recent posts on the forum but it was nice having that whole page just dedicated to that.

zapiy

Greyfox

Loving the new work we've acheived here pal and to the whole whom have contributed in more ways than they imagine.

I'm really looking forward the direction the site is going in and hopefully bring recognition and possibly some deserving commercial success to the fray.

Have a good one .... 8)

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

Cool.  It really does look great.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Simon_G

Cracking job Zapiy.

Really does look good.

zapiy

Cheers Simon, I know you may have held of on the launch but I needed to get it live and that I hope will drive me and those involved to get it up to speed.

Greyfox

Yes..as soon as I get access can we start a thread in the admin area about news content for review and agreement that it will fit for the main front end site? I come across stuff that could be great on the site as news features just like the quality work TrekMD is doing.

TrekMD

Thanks for the compliment.  :)

wyldephang

Looks very good! I can't wait for the rest of the content to be ported over. I've been wanting to reread some of our old reviews. Let me know if you guys need new screenshots for the games I reviewed; I may still have them somewhere.
- Ryan

TrekMD

You can see the old reviews in the Reviews tab of the forum right now, though that will all get moved over.  You'll also be able to post any new reviews yourself.  :)