Hey hey!

Started by guest6250, January 27, 2018, 06:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6250

Names Kickman. I’m known by this name in the international arcade museum.

I mainly into arcades i’m definitely a nintendoKid for sure.

at one time i had 8 nintendo arcades in my collection, and those 8 are in this picture here at California Extreme Arcade show. I’m an exhibitor there every year

It’s funny, i see this picture pop up a lot still to this day..

I know only have donkey kong, DKjr, DK3 my fav game, and Fix it felix jr which is also my mame cab.

So in the last year or so i started collecting Atari 2600 and nintendo entertainment system as well as super.

It’s alittle more easier on the budget too. I have full size arcades, but I have a spare room i’ve started doing classic console stuff....

I just though i would say hello, and go off to read some of your posts and check the for sale threads.

I’m not sure if there’s other KLoV members around if so say hello, i’m sure you will recognize my name....

harry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cryptic33

Hello Harry,

A warm welcome to RVG. You are among friends here, many Nintendo fans (I became one last night). I love the traditional arcade cabs and feel of days gone by. My all-time favourite is Crystal Castles from Atari but I have played a fair few over the years. Enjoy this great forum.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Welcome aboard fella.

Awesome collection you had then and even now. 

What made you move to the smaller world of gaming?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Dreamcast Gamer

Welcome to RVG Kickman!  Feel free to post in any of our threads, both new and old, and start new discussions. 

I'd love to collect arcade games someday, but for now the closest I can get is complications of Neo Geo games :)

Shadowrunner

Welcome. :) Having all those Nintendo arcade machines would have been very cool!

TrekMD

Welcome aboard!  Nice line up of arcades!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest6250

Thank you everyone....

i have a cocktail i just restored back from a video pocker I picked it up for 100 bucks it had electro home GO7 monitor in it...

here’s what it looked like before

i had some panels made to fix the swiss cheese panels blanks and used original art from this old game, but i wanted variety, so i used the raspberry pi and a 15hz converter Arpicade adaptor thats jamma pin out

but here’s the panels and the art that the machine once was, keep in mind i payed 100 bucks, i spent that much on art work about 200 plus the cost of the pi 180 bucks, and domonix8 joysticks from groveygamegear that o modified to be super short to fit under the glass...

here it sits today

guest6250

i also picked up this weird little bar top for 50 bucks it’s an arkanoid it had bad monitor issues it’s a wells gardner 4800

you can see it’s kinda funky in this pic but i rebuilt the monitor and it looks pretty nice

I totally get not having room so mini things like this are neat and i pass things along to people when i find them like this that it fits, you know...

infact that’s what brought me here, i started looking for smaller things lol

in fact i found this today at the swap meet and it’s neat to find stuff in the box still... love the art

and the instructions were still inside

zapiy

Awesome find fella.

Love that little bartop also.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I love Dodge'Em!  One of my first games for the 2600.

Dreamcast Gamer

Quote from: TrekMD on January 29, 2018, 00:25:59 AM
I love Dodge'Em!  One of my first games for the 2600.
Same here!  I just wish I was good at it :)

guest6250

I haven’t played it yet.. i’ll post up pictures of what i’ve collected so far on 2600 in a few days in the right forum

TrekMD

Oh, you'll have fun with it!  If you can play with another person it is better but the AI is pretty tough.

Back in Time Sime

Welcome to the forum...
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...