Rare Games..

Started by zapiy, September 26, 2011, 19:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Here is a new feature..

Lets list the rare games out there that are worth more now than at retail.

First up.
[align=center:3oq1cqaj][/align:3oq1cqaj]

Panzer Dragoon Saga, for the Sega Saturn.. Considered to be the best RPG ever for a Sega system, Panzer Dragoon Saga tells the story of Edge and a mystical dragon. Attention to detail is great, with game makers even inventing a language solely for the use of the game. Limit print run of 10,000 copies puts this in the Rare category.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Gorf - Atari Jaguar CD

When it was released this game cost £25, now it goes for around £500 on eBay  8)

zapiy

wow thats a huse amount..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DreamcastRIP

Permission to feel smug as I own both Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL, CIB) and GORF Special Release (CIB)! 8)
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

zapiy

Don't tell the wife then lol..

But i am jealous :'(

TL

Here is another one I have:

Tank Command - Atari 7800

Froggo only released 2 games for the Atari 7800, this and Water Ski, which is also quite rare. They only came out in North America and didn't get wide spread distribution so are now highly sort after. CIB copies of Tank Command now go for around £120-£150 on eBay  :o

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Here is another one I have:

Tank Command - Atari 7800

Froggo only released 2 games for the Atari 7800, this and Water Ski, which is also quite rare. They only came out in North America and didn't get wide spread distribution so are now highly sort after. CIB copies of Tank Command now go for around £120-£150 on eBay  :o

I have both and I never realized how rare they were!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Here is another very rare game that I own:

A fantastic conversion of the Capcom arcade game this scrolling beat 'em up was released late in the Megadrive's life and only produced in small numbers. Boxed copies quite regularly go for over £100, I was lucky enough to pick mine up for £27  :D

TL

I have one of these too:

Which is a rarity 8 according to Atari Age!!!  :o

zapiy

I have no idea if i have any rare games.. I will be checking though, i can not have the collection i have without owning something of Value..

Shadowrunner

I have Gorf special release for the Jag and Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO but that's about it for rarities in my collection.

dcultrapro

Quote from: "The Laird"Here is another very rare game that I own:

A fantastic conversion of the Capcom arcade game this scrolling beat 'em up was released late in the Megadrive's life and only produced in small numbers. Boxed copies quite regularly go for over £100, I was lucky enough to pick mine up for £27  :D

£100 is the absolutely LOWEST end of the scale for Punisher!! The only copies I've seen in the last few months the sellers have wanted NO LESS than £249!! fcukin bastards lol

I also would like permission to feel smug as I have Panzer Dragoon Saga, got it on release, still my favourite game of ALL TIME

Alien Soldier is another proper rare game, not sure how you link it the way Laird and Zap did but here is what I got:

it tends to go for close to or around £100

also Radiant Silvergun, the HOLY GRAIL of all Saturn owners apparently

currently going for around £100 as people seem to be reasonable lately, its usual no less than £150 lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

The price of Radiant Silvergun dropped a bit after the game was released on XBox Live Arcade.

I played it at an event a few years back, bloody good but I am still not paying silly money for it.

dcultrapro

yeah If I wanna play it now I will just buy it on XBLA... its a good thing I guess but its still quite over priced
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Apparently this is a rarity 10 according to the Philips CD-i rarity guide, which I never knew!

And I own it! Get in!!!!!