Atari Jaguar Doom hacking notes

Started by Saturn, September 03, 2017, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Yes, very lol.
Would be nice to be able to share these without them ending up on ebay per some jabroni looking to make a buck off someone else.
Been trying to make videos but XP not working well with my VC500 for some reason. Very nice maps to say the least, though.

neo-rg

All credit to Saturn for carrying on hacking away , quite literally. When obstacles popped up every now and again that would have put other people off. Extra kudos for the mammoth write-up with extra info and helpful bits that I managed to leave out or think nobody would need. Hopefully soon I'll pull my finger out and release something 'special'.

Saturn

Thanks for the props- and creating the original guide! Can't wait to see your release..

I've dug up several more maps that fit the conversion parameters. May have another go pretty soon. Once I finished the previous levels I thought that'd be it for a while but now I'm just bored :P

TrekMD

You're bored?  Here, come to Miami and help me get ready for Irma!  ;)

Saturn

Yeah, I totally would if I could. As soon as Irma was set to possibly hit Florida my girl asked if you'd left. Told her I had no clue but you were still posting. Told her your collection was massive so I hoped you'd left with it.
Either way, be safe!

TrekMD

I'm still home.  My house was built in 1960 and has survived several major hurricanes, including Andrew, with minimal or no damage.  I just had my roof inspected and it is fine, an insurance inspector told me the house is so overbuilt that he would not want to see the rest of Miami if my house suffers significant damage.  I'm in a zone that does not flood (35 feet above sea-level), I'm all shuttered up, full of supplies, and I have a 25Kw generator that runs the entire house.  My hope is that the eye of the storm doesn't come this way.  As for leaving, there is no place in the state that is out of the cone, so the choices are limited.   I'm actually still in the office tomorrow but once I'm done tomorrow, I'm done until next week.  Thanks for the concern and keep us in your prayers. 

Saturn

We'll definitely keep you (all) in our prayers. Glad you're house is over built. That's reassuring..

zapiy

Fantastic work as always buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Quote from: zapiy on September 08, 2017, 11:01:39 AM
Fantastic work as always buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks amigo! Love doing this stuff 8)

Some shots of the progress in action:

8 of my Doom mods and 2 versions of Doom 2 on PCB boards ;D

And then into clear shells. So glad Al and Carl had these in stock! 8) 8)

Applied labels until I ran out. Waiting on more to finish this set off. Simply numbered as 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, AC2011, V98, and Walter_j64bit 32X TC.

TrekMD

Ah, very cool!  Those look fantastic.

Saturn

Saturn

Quote from: Saturn on September 03, 2017, 04:52:14 AM
I'll be posting videos of the levels soon.... 8)

Here's the very 1st map that started it all :p
My capture device wasn't cutting it so I did these in Project Tempest using Fraps..

TrekMD