Amiga Game Switchblade Ported to Jaguar

Started by Shadowrunner, July 11, 2017, 19:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Piko Interactive have another Jag game coming, and you can pre-order it here. It's supposed to be shipping next month and the price isn't too bad at $59.99 USD.

I have the sequel for the Lynx but I've never played the original game. Looks good :)

zapiy

Oh wow.. Simon Phipps also did the cover design. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, I got the email about this today! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I think i might approach Simon about it for an interview update.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

I understand people paying for unreleased Jaguar games as they were designed for the system and its part of its history, but to pay $60 for an old Amiga port is crazy imo...
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Shadowrunner

I can understand that point of view, and for the most part I agree. I bought the ST port of Xenon 2 but skipped on all the rest and most likely won't be ordering this one either. Just not worth the money for the amount of use I will get out of it. On the other hand though I can also understand the hardcore Jag fan wanting more games to play on the system. With such a small library of games it is nice to see new games being produced, even if they are ports.

AmigaJay

Yeah but its driven by the hardcore "i will spend anything if its released" group of people that don't do the retro community any favours, i'm not just talking Jaguar, some Neo-Geo fans are the same, they could polish and sell a turd if it had a SNK logo on it.

Most retro gamers own more than one system, you could buy an Atari ST for around the same price, play it on that!

I'm not having a go at you, its crazy, they could release 500 old ST/Amiga ports @$60 each, if you step back and realize how mad that would be because i know there are some people who would buy them all just to have a complete set, its madness, its the gamers equivalent to being an alcoholic!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Yeah I agree but this has some extra special connection with the original artist doing the artwork for it. Just makes this one a little bit more special.