The Atari Lynx

Started by zapiy, January 24, 2011, 19:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: TrekMD on July 08, 2016, 00:48:57 AM
Here is something really cool for the Lynx.  This is a new demo that was presented at the Nordlicht 2016 party.  This was posted by Heaven/TQA over at Atari Age.  Enjoy!

Cool demo and very impressive.

zapiy

Got to love the demo scene, now the Lynx gets some love.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Impressive demo! Reminds me of old Amiga demos, and being related to the Amiga it's easy to see why!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Yes, it is indeed really cool.  I need to download the binary to see if I can run it using the Lynx SD Cart!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Just read this Blog post from The Grand Emperor's Retro Video Gaming Blog on the Atari Lynx and wanted to share it.  I think he did better on this one than on the Jaguar one:  System Saturdays - Getting to Know the Atari Lynx:)

TrekMD

Here is a new video review of the Lynx II by Pocket Legion...

zapiy

Great video, love the quality of the production also.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, it was very nicely done.  Glad you enjoyed it.  :)

TrekMD

Here are two reviews for the Lynx that are a bit different in what's covered and in the general feeling regarding the system...

TrekMD

Check out this article from Ausretrogamer:  Atari Lynx: The Games That Never Were.  So many missed opportunities.

TrekMD

I watched these videos of a Lynx I being restored and was impressed with the work done but I also found fascinating all the explanations of the innards of the system.  There is even some info about the differences between the I and II models.  Check these out...

AmigaJay

Another PDF of old mag scans and reviews, this time for the old Atari Lynx, enjoy.

https://issuu.com/amigajay/docs/lynx_uk_pdf
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

TrekMD

Thought I'd share this video that quickly looks at 20 titles on the Atari Lynx...

Spector

Quote from: AmigaJay on July 31, 2018, 17:25:38 PM
Another PDF of old mag scans and reviews, this time for the old Atari Lynx, enjoy.

https://issuu.com/amigajay/docs/lynx_uk_pdf
Brilliant stuff😎 But can you download it and open offline? I download it but I can't open it.
DEATH TO SUGAR