Atari Box

Started by TrekMD, June 09, 2017, 04:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: Saturn on March 20, 2018, 02:24:19 AM
I love that controller... on the left

It is pretty cool seeing the Atari logo on the controller.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That actually sounds pretty good. Interested to hear what the price will be.

Saturn

I like the Linux OS and the proposed capabilities. Definitely looking forward to this.
Full support...... like I was planning with the Coleco Chameleon.. :P

TrekMD

Time will tell what this thing will actually do.  I do love the look of it and it is really cool how the joystick lights up...

AmigaJay

That joystick does look pretty cool! Though dont like the name, there was already a VCS pretty stupid to call it the same unless the hardware is just based on it which its not.

Price wise, the joystick alone looks premium cant see it being too cheap, as with the system being PC based rather than mobile ARM, so i guess it a minimum it would be mid-range pricing but have to wait and see.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

That stick is very cool looking..

What confuses me is why is there no real chat on the specs and what they are aiming for this, again Atari or who ever these are need to look at the Spectrum next idea and invite homebrewers on board as lets face it the Atari HB scene is so vibrant.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I got an email from them and this is all they are saying about it right now:

Just like the original VCS, we’ve packed this system with all the power needed to bring a new kind of home computer experience right to your living room - while staying true to the classic entertainment heritage that Atari was built on.

We will be announcing our exclusive pre-order date for the Atari VCS during the month of April 2018. Just stay on the list - you're already signed up for the latest announcements about Atari VCS. Stay tuned.

I guess we'll find out next month what the system can really do.

zapiy

Hardly revealing is it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yep, a lot of words that amount to nothing!  LOL

Saturn

I know the link was in the first post but I just joined the waiting list.
Can't wait to preorder! 8) 8)

TrekMD

Saturn

Great video :)
Not like this one where guy seems extremely negative on the whole matter. Writes it off as an Indie box but to me, I'm glad it is. I don't share the same view. Kind of a downer on all the excitement:

TrekMD

Oh yes, I have that one saved to watch later.  It's been interesting seeing the mixed reaction to this new VCS.  Some people are offended by the name, some hate it because it is an indie box, some hate it just because it is this new "Atari" company trying to cash in.  Other people see it as something with great potential, think it is a great idea, like seeing Atari bringing this to the market.  People being people.  :)

zapiy

You can’t please everyone sadly. I’m intrigued enough to want to know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk