Weekly Online Arcade Tournament

Started by ArcadeAction, June 07, 2017, 06:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcadeAction

There is an online arcade tournament featured each week at: https://www.arcadeicons.com

Each week they feature typically an 80s arcade game and you can register and post your score as well as learn lots of strategies for the games. The winner chooses the next week's game. This gives you a chance to explore a new game you might not have played much before. MAME, arcade, online etc are pretty much accepted ways to play and it's all for fun.

Taking a game that is entirely riduculous seriously, in the pursuit of a high score, is what it's all about!

If you'd never played Pooyan, for example, give it a try.

Shadowrunner

Good idea. Looks like the last game just ended so depending on what game is next I might give it a shot.

TrekMD

That is cool.  Not sure I'll have the time to participate but I'll check it out. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest6401

guys
Is there a website that reviews 80s Arcade games? I know websites with great database and flyers...but what about reviews?
Thanks

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I'm not aware of sites that do reviews of the arcade games/machines themselves but you may find videos on YouTube for some games.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...