Watch mojo on the best fighting games.

Started by Ryuhi, June 05, 2017, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuhi

Watch mojo recently rared what they felt where the best fighting games of all time. Do you guys agree? Usual watch mojo rule of game per franchise applies.

https://youtu.be/pUYYChF1-Bs
#10. Virtua Fighter Final Showdown (2012)
#9. BlazBlue Calamity Trigger(2008)
#8. Killer Instinct (1994)
#7.The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
#6. Soulcalibur II (2002)
#5. Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)
#4. Tekken 3 (1997)
#3. Marvel vs Capcom 2: New age of heroes (2000)
#2. Mortal Kombat (2011)
#1: Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting

Honourable mentions went to Guilty Gear x2 (2002) and Dead or Alive 2 (1999).  I personally would switch guilt gear and blazblue because I prefer guilty gear and without guilty gear there would be no blazblue. I am also surprised snk vs Capcom or Capcom vs snk did not get a mention or tatsunoko vs Capcom although tvc is more less the exact same as marvel vs. capcom. Do you guys agree with the list?

Shadowrunner

Not a bad list but there's a serious lack of Neo Geo games except for KOF XIII. For me, any top ten fighting game list should include a Samurai Shodown game and a Fatal Fury game!

onthinice

For every modern fighting game there had to be a beginning. For me it was Yie Ar Kung-Fu by Konami. Love it or hate it Primal Rage by Atari Games would make my list.

Ryuhi

I was surprised by lack of neo geo titles too. Although I have never played a neo geo I know it is a fighting game Juggernaut. I'm surprised some license games did not get a shout out. I had x men next dimension as kid and that was great. Also the nes tmnt fighting games is meant to be one of the best games for that system by all accounts

JoeMusashi

Crazy rule for a 'best of' list. I agree SFII at number one but SFIII 3rd Strike simply has to be in there too. No Garou Mark of the Wolves either. Who are these people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryuhi

No one knows. The mystery watchmojo Judges are from a far off planet and send there verdicts through star constellations which are studied by astronomers in order to come up with these lists.