New Atari Jaguar Homebrew - Rebooteroids

Started by TrekMD, November 15, 2016, 03:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The Atari Age store has released a new game of the Atari Jaguar:  Rebooteroids. 

The Story

The Hyperspace Test Ship, "EWS", has malfunctioned. Without any navigational data you have been dropped into a sea of deadly, spinning death. The weapons systems still work, and the hyper drive is able to jump you small distances, but other than that all you have is your skill and quick reactions to keep you alive.

Lurking in the darkness with you are strange, Unidentified Flying Objects. Whoever, or whatever, they are â€" they appear to want you gone. Previous unfortunate travelers have left behind weapon packs to assist the unfortunate souls who follow in their footsteps.

Strap in, start blasting, and GOOD LUCK!

Gameplay

The EWS is a small, highly maneuverable test ship equipped with a basic rapid-fire cannon. Your test ship is also fitted with a state of the art Hyperspace Engine which, if it was working, would be capable of jumping the craft vast distances. However, due to damage, it currently only has the ability to jump short range, and without a navigation lock you have no way of knowing where you will pop back into normal space.

Use your controller to rotate the EWS left and right, thrust to avoid colliding with objects, and most importantly, fire to blast everything in sight! You can also Hyperspace to a random location to escape imminent destruction, but there's no guarantee you'll reappear free from danger!

Bonus power-ups will be dropped after certain rocks are destroyed. These power-ups will enhance your ship in the following ways: Double Damage, Twin Shot, Range Extended, and Rear Shot.

Every five waves in the Rebooteroids Arcade mode (NOT in Skirmish) you will get a bonus round. Shoot the solid rocks in order and you will get a bonus life. If you hit a normal rock, the round will end without any bonus.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Looks a cracking version. You getting it guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Quote from: zapiy on November 15, 2016, 15:58:00 PM

I bagged 3 copies. One of them is not a clear cart. Thought I should have that in the collection too :p

zapiy

Quote from: Saturn on November 15, 2016, 19:23:22 PM

I bagged 3 copies. One of them is not a clear cart. Thought I should have that in the collection too :p

I think I love you lol.. You can collect $200 when you pass the GO sign.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I ordered one but I got the classic dark gray cart.  :) 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Quote from: KGRAMR on November 15, 2016, 17:08:37 PM
Looks fun,but that 80$ price tag is really off-putting.
That's what I thought too. Add in shipping and conversion to CDN funds and it's way too much. Looks cool but I'm gonna pass.

Saturn

Quote from: zapiy on November 15, 2016, 23:07:03 PM
Quote from: Saturn on November 15, 2016, 19:23:22 PM

I think I love you lol.. You can collect $200 when you pass the GO sign.
LOL Support the devs/system!
Hoping that more sales will keep it worthwhile for the people going to the trouble to continue to do so.
Can't wait to get my hands on this! 8)

Cryptic33

Seen this and whilst I admire the fact AA are bringing out some new titles for the Jag, they are expensive. Additionally, they have done, I think, 16 ST conversions. I can't help but be a little disappointed that these games are not right up there technically although it is wonderful that new titles are being developed.

This particular title does not really appeal to me as I was never a big fan of Asteroids back in the day. I wish them good luck and hope for something more exciting in the future.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks