Let's Compare - Chuck Rock II

Started by TrekMD, November 06, 2016, 13:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck is a slapstick side-scrolling platform video game developed and published by Core Design in 1993 for the Amiga, Amiga CD32, Sega Game Gear, Sega Mega-CD, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

The story takes up a little while after the end of the first game. After Chuck Rock rescued his woman, Ophelia Rock, from the T-Rex bully Gary Gritter, Chuck and Ophelia had a son, named Chuck Junior. Chuck senior works in a factory, where he develops great skill at carving automobiles out of stone. A rival manufacturer becomes jealous of Chuck's abilities and kidnaps him, leaving it up to Junior to rescue his father.

Gameplay:

The gameplay is similar to the first game, but with some minor differences since the player controls Junior, rather than Chuck. This is a side-scrolling platform game with occasional rock-moving puzzles thrown in. Unlike Chuck, Junior carries a club that gives his attacks further reach.

Source:  Wikipedia

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

One of my fav games, loved the Amiga version..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

That was a cool comparison. Although the Sega CD looks to be the most colorful and crisp version, my favorite of the bunch was the Amiga.
Man, what I wouldn't give to have that.
Cool video 8)

TrekMD

Here is a newer video looking at the various ports of this game...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...