Atari 7800 composite mod - PAL

Started by Vadergb, August 20, 2016, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadergb

I've been after installing an AV mod one of my Atari's for a while, So I picked up a small mod from @futureis8bit. I follow the guy on twitter and he sells and manufacturers some amazing Commodore/Sinclair/Atari bits including the sd2iec commodore flash cart. The good thing about the site and twitter is there's pictures and support either from the website or directly from twitter.

https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/shop/atari.html

The mod will work with PAL VCS, 2600 and 7800 Machines. I also know hes also after someone testing it on an NTSC machine. I had the choice of installing it on my Woody, 2600 Junior or 7800 but as someone said on here the 7800 is the best of both worlds with 7800 and 2600 support.

It comes as a £7 bare board, but I cheated and had the per-soldered cabled one for another £7. I'm not the most accomplished with a soldering iron but I successfully installed in into my 7800 and had the joys of playing 7800 and 2600 titles without using RF.

Ive added the links to the guys twitter and website, I hope that's OK.

zapiy

Nice one, the guy making these is pretty damn awesome at it... Been following him myself for a while.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner