The History of Super Mario Bros 2!

Started by TrekMD, August 08, 2016, 01:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

This is a video from last year but I thought it interesting enough to share.  Here The Gaming Historian gives us the complete history behind Super Mario Bros. 2 and its Japanese counterpart, Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

That was some great info. Didn't know Howard Phillips alone was responsible for not having the real SMB2 released here. Love it when others decide for me what's best. (current administration anyone?)
But, if he hadn't been an overbearing tyrant, we may not have ever experienced the joy that is Doki Doki Panic hacked into an easy game for us westerners.

I grabbed the original famicom dump of SMB2 Japan and converted it to a .nes file years ago and have been enjoying the difficult levels ever since. So, HP can stick it ;)
Loved the version from Super Mario All Stars. Picked that one up on day one back in 93. Found it Saturday during an inventory of my SNES collection. Have it CIB and thought about playing it but my SNES unit mostly turned yellow from age and looked gross so I boxed it all back up

Great video.

TrekMD

Oh I can think of plenty of examples of someone deciding what's best for me...without asking what it is I want.  Good that you got the real version of the game and have played it.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...