Author Topic: Arcade club  (Read 2046 times)

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
Arcade club
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:58:26 AM »
Just went to Arcade Club over the weekend. Such an amazing place. So many classic machines and lots of pinball as well. Fair few consoles also. Dont mean to sound like an advert !

I'm pretty lucky as i only live about 10 miles away so i've been a fair few times. I also noticed they had some of that great artwork that guy does on sale ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/robstributes/ ) so bought a Knight Lore one. They look even better in person.

I'm still pretty crap at a fair few favourite arcade games - still playing Ghost n Goblins trying to reach level 2 ! Have done a few times. But for me its the huge nostalgia boost i get from playing and seeing these old classics

If you ever go to Arcade Club give me a shout. If you havent been its brilliant !

Offline JoeMusashi

• Asterisk...?
  • Global Moderator
  • Be happy, drink beer!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade club
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
Is that the one in Bury?

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 15:14:14 PM »
Perhaps an RVG meet one night, I could perhaps drive up for the day and meet a few peeps and get thrashed at a few games lol.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:17 AM »
Is that the one in Bury?

Sorry only just seen this. Yeah its the one in Bury, think hes opening up another floor soon at the same place. Its impressive as anything there, not just the arcade machines/pinball etc, also theres an Oculus Rift there, some latest gen machines as well to use.

Food/drink is cheap and not an over-inflated price. £10 to go in and play on all the machines, its an amazing place. Highly recommended

Offline Spacedeck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 01:56:42 AM »
I went to this place very recently for the first time.  We went on the 24th of last Month and we was part of a group from another forum.  This place is a blast!  I loved the machines they had, super easy to just jump on and play and move onto the next machine.

While the OP posted this a while back, they indeed have two floors now.  Top floor for retro arcade and then the second floor for Japanese arcades and more retro games pinball machines, new and old consoles (this floor is 18+ only).

I'm hoping to return at some point but, next time take my girlfriend and my dad. My dad would love the place and while my girlfriend isn't much of a gamer, I feel she would love the place also.  Transport there doesn't seem too bad, just something I need to get used to.  Quick trip over to Manchester Piccadilly on train and then apparently they have a tram that runs straight up to Bury.

Also picked up these in the store.  I wish they had more selection in the store though.  Pikachu was £9.99 and for my daughter, who has since become attached to it.  :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 04:17:18 AM »
Cool, looks like a fun place!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
Perhaps an RVG meet one night, I could perhaps drive up for the day and meet a few peeps and get thrashed at a few games lol.
Seriously, if this is a possibility I would love to meet a few of you. As for the Arcade Club, it is on my bucket list which I must make happen. Every time I see pictures of the place I see more and more classic arcade machines that I remember. Chemo, will not stop me going there next year for sure but do please let me know if a meet is possible.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
Well, this is becoming a possability, they are opening a bar in Leeds, that is more central for me and therefore more doable.

Hows that?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline HomerRamone2084

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
Looks great. Must feel like walking through a time portal :)

Offline Spacedeck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 14:20:35 PM »
Well, this is becoming a possability, they are opening a bar in Leeds, that is more central for me and therefore more doable.

Hows that?

Didn't realise this. If so, sounds great. Last article I could find was from September, so I wonder when we might hear more on this. It will take some doing to make it as good as the one in Bury.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
Yep once I get more info I will post it here.

Offline Spacedeck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »
Yep once I get more info I will post it here.

I was doing some reading last night and it appears it is going ahead and they are opening early 2019.  I was planning to return to the one in Bury in February with my girlfriend and Dad but if one is going to open soon, hopefully it's before or not long after February.  Will save me money a little on train fares than travelling to Bury.

https://twitter.com/arcadeclubuk/status/1057734247170146313

Offline HomerRamone2084

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 12:53:49 PM »
Wish it could have been just a shade further north.. Newcastle maybe :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
Wait long enough and I am sure that will happen lol.

Offline Vadergb

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 20:32:44 PM »
I went on the 24th March after going to a gig in Manchester the night before. Well worth a visit. I took a 17 second clip of the 3rd story as you walk in. There are loads more cabs than just that clip. I took it as it kinda overwhelmed me and pretty much sent me back to being a teenager who weekly visited his local arcades.

All those Electrocoin cabinets.  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk