Mini NES

Started by Shadowrunner, July 14, 2016, 15:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Jesus we could be in law suit heaven lol..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Quote from: zapiy on July 15, 2016, 22:52:27 PM
@Saturn are you ordering 3 mate?
Ha, no that's a Jaguar only rule in my house. Wouldn't mind having a couple of unopened spares for 30 years from now but will probably get the one by itself. My girlfriend knows I'm excited about this so she'll probably buy me one as a surprise. So, that'll be two lol.

I missed the typo. Must have been epic by the sound of all the posts after. Nice work @zapiy ;D

Vadergb

When I first saw this on my twitter timeline I thought someone had created some fan art then I realised that it was from Nintendo. I think its a great price point, it will introduce lots of kids to Nintendo gaming, it will have Nintendo's build quality and the list of games both 1st party and licensed were decent.

I will get one for sure, even though Ive got an original NES and two clones of the system. Ive heard great things about Startropics, and Ive never player either of the original Zelda's.

The naming of this system is interesting -
Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System

I for one would like to see a Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System but a Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo 64 would be awesome due to how poor the original systems look on else apart from a CRT. Imagine how Mario64, Banjo and Zelda would look on a clean HDMI signal.

TrekMD

Nintendo has released its first commercial for this system...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I like it, especially the end with the classic line!

zapiy

Love it. This is going in my new log cabin. Boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Gotta love when people do videos comparing items that are in the market with items that have not yet been released. 

Saturn

Sounds like he's got a vendetta against AT Games (at Games, or whatever they're called lol) for his purchase from two Christmases ago :D
Might be some alertness needed when buying but for it not to be out yet, sounds like his mind is already made up.

Who knows, maybe the company is re-releasing a similar but better product based on the complaints from the previous one? No telling. I'd just wait for consumer reviews on the new machine before making a decision. Don't plan to buy one personally, though. Have so much Sega Genesis products, they're taking over my collection as a whole :P (how did I get all this sh*t anyway?)

TrekMD

Saturn

Haha, that Morgan Freeman/Brad Pitt fail was pretty good. The looks on their faces..

Right, the games aren't expensive in the wild except for DK and DK jr. I'm just glad I don't collect for the system. Be another wallet draining fiasco.... that I'd probably love

Can't wait for it. Will be nice to have this little console around. :D

Vadergb

Quote from: Greyfox on July 15, 2016, 18:15:10 PM
I'm now wondering it this can be remotely hacked to allow NES ROMs to run from this box, I don't remember seeing any form of SD slot on this machine, i know I sound like a hack pirate type, but I'm thinking in the lines of Homebrew games and the likes, i don't need to play commercial games, I can do that on my Android media box.

I know the Nes Mini is having a new emulator made for it. Knowing Nintendo it will be well made and well locked down. Id definitely love a Mini N64 with beautiful HDMI graphics, with a Mini Snes not too far behind.

When "Gamers" complain that prices may come down because of digital/repros I just think about the other gamers that don't have access to the item in the first place due to cost, plus the price drop is normally short term like the Metroid Prime Trilogy release on the WiiU

TrekMD

Here's a new features video that was just released...

Shadowrunner

Good looking menu system and features.

zapiy

Can't wait to get mine now. Cracking stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrekMD

Getting one of these is quite difficult right now and it even made Amazon crash within seconds of its release but there are some reviews already online.  Check out this review from Endgadget:  NES Classic Edition review: The best and worst of retro gaming.