Sega Dreamcast Must Have Games

Started by Anonymous, June 12, 2011, 16:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Can anyone reccomend me some awesome games , i already have shenmue , skies of arcadia , chu chu and jet set radio :)

zapiy

Crazy Taxi and Chu Chu Rocket for a start..

To be honest there are a few like Radiant Silvergun that are a collectors dream.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DEADDOLL666

You've already listed my top games shenmue and jet set radio.
The only other's i was intrested in on the dreamcast were resident evil code veroinca,tomb raider's and sonic adventures

zapiy

Did you pick up anything new?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

My brother just bought a Dreamcast, look forward to playing some more games on it.

zapiy

Yeah same as. Going to dig mine out this weekend.

AmigaJay

Love mine! It's seriously close to my favourite console, along with the Megadrive.

Loads of great seu's on it, mostly japanese, but they are worth tracking down, Under Defeat, Ikaruga, Giga Wing 2 and Border Down spring to mind.

Too many other great games to list here, still cant believe the last official game was in March 2007! thats nearly 10 years it was officially supported, unofficially games are still coming out, so far 11 releases with 2 more planned for this year, have you guys seen Gun-Lord and especially Sturmwind? They look stunning (well i know The Laird will have ;)

Feet of Fury (2003, GOAT Store)

Cool Herders (2005, GOAT Store)
    Inhabitants (2005, GOAT Store)
    Maqiupai (2005, GOAT Store)

Last Hope (January 31st 2007, RedSpotGames)

Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles (August - December 2008, RedSpotGames)

DUX (2009, Hucast)
    Rush Rush Rally Racing (2009, RedSpotGames)
    Irides: Master of Blocks (2009, GOAT Store )
    Last Hope: Pink Bullets (2009, NG:DEV.TEAM )

Fast Striker (2010, NG:DEV.TEAM)

Gun-Lord (2012, NG.DEV.TEAM)
    Sturmwind (2012, RedSpotGames)
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Fantastic list..thanks fella.

Will have a proper search for these at home after work.

CeefaxOfDelphi

i've only just started my Dreamcast collection, but some great info below - especially about new games.

usual suspects so far: Crazy Taxi, Powerstone, MSR

(Are there any cheaper, less cult Dreamcast games that are fun to play but are common - I see stuff like HeadHunter about a bit - but don't just want to buy fillers for my collection - but I am open to the idea of fun
games that aren't perfect)

dot.fyre

The best thing about the Dreamcast is that they'll play back-ups of games (most of them anyway).
Ultimately this was a bad thing at the time but it's great for trying out some of the
rarer stuff.
I still buy original DC games but if it's going to be a more expensive purchase
I can DL it and try it out first.

Anyway, regardless of this, these are my favs..
Shenmue 1 & 2
Metropolis Street Racer
Virtua Tennis 1 & 2
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX
Daytona USA 2001
Jet Set Radio
RE Code Veronica
Soul Calibur
Under Defeat
Ikaruga
Rez

CeefaxOfDelphi

picked up DOA 2 for my DC today. no cracked case hinge!

dot.fyre

Just had another thought. It's not exactly a "must have" because to some,
it'll seem the worst game ever but.........Tokyo Bus Guide is superb.

CeefaxOfDelphi

Quote from: "stvd"Just had another thought. It's not exactly a "must have" because to some,
it'll seem the worst game ever but.........Tokyo Bus Guide is superb.

Tokyo bus ride   :o Real game? or just a description of that Tokyo Highway game?

CeefaxOfDelphi

that is crazy - but then train driving games are popular in japan too...

TL

Quote from: "CeefaxOfDelphi"that is crazy - but then train driving games are popular in japan too...

I played a train driving game on the PS3 and I actually thought it was really good!  :o