Sega Dreamcast Must Have Games

Started by Anonymous, June 12, 2011, 16:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CeefaxOfDelphi

did it get a Pal release on PS3?  I've seen a few on PC but not on consoles

TL

Quote from: "CeefaxOfDelphi"did it get a Pal release on PS3?  I've seen a few on PC but not on consoles

No, it was a Jap game on a Jap console.

dot.fyre

You can buy A -TrainHX (Xbox 360), bit of a cross between sim city and a train sim.

Minerals

Only had my Dreamcast for a week, but these are my picks so far:

Sonic Adventure 2 - After playing this loads recently, i would defo recommend this as a must have for any sonic or general platform fans. Great varied gameplay, with a decent difficulty curve and loads of hours of gameplay through the Hero and Dark story modes.

Jet Set Radio - A really original and mould breaking game that manages to fuse a few different genres well and has hours of playability and gameplay, really ahead of its time.

Fire Pro Wrestling D - One for wrestling fans really, but it has a massive roster, loads of different match types and is easy to pick up and play and yet its quite in depth in terms of the move list and fighting style. A lot of thought and work has gone into each character to make their likeness and mannerisms.

Im pretty sure i will add to this list in the coming weeks and months as my collection grows and would appreciate some recommendations

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"Im pretty sure i will add to this list in the coming weeks and months as my collection grows and would appreciate some recommendations

Remember we were talking about UEFA Striker, I just found out that the game actually is an update to Striker by Rage (the original team) just with a license attached!!!!  8)

CeefaxOfDelphi

which DC games do people most lust after - it seems Rez, Bangai-o and Skies of Arcadia are the usual suspects -

Minerals

Quote from: "The Laird"Remember we were talking about UEFA Striker, I just found out that the game actually is an update to Striker by Rage (the original team) just with a license attached!!!!  8)

It got a 7.9 when IGN reviewed, its fully editable and looks quite good from the youtube videos. Might pick it up as it goes for about £4 on ebay

CeefaxOfDelphi

saw Shenmue 2 in a shop today - £40 and the cardboard box
was a bit battered. Another day maybe, but want a minty one

Minerals

Would love to get Shenmue 1 & 2 but wont pay stupid money for either

TL

I don't have that many games but from what I have my 5 favourite games so far are:

Crazy Taxi
Jimmy White's Cueball
Re-Volt
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Chu Chu Rocket

dcultrapro

I think if anyone is going to dive into Dreamcast importing there are some nice US import (didn't get a PAL release) titles that should be considered;

Alien Front Online
Ooga Booga
Bomberman
D2
Illbleed
4x4 Evolution
EGG
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Jimmy White's Cueball keeps being mentioned. It must be good. I like the Bass fishing, Test Drive series, Tony Hawk and Wacky Races

Flukesy

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. Best version of the game by far

dcultrapro

thought I'd try my hand at a new list of must haves for the DC. You truly have to own/play these games to understand the potential the console had

Shenmue 1/2
Skies Of Arcadia
Headhunter
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Soul Calibur
Virtua Tennis 1/2
Phantasy Star Online ver 2.0
Outtrigger
Quake 3 Arena
Grandia 2
Capcom VS SNK 1/2
Dynamite Cop
Powerstone 1/2
Ikaruga
Jet Set Radio
Metropolis Street Racer

The list of TRULY quality/stand out titles on the DC is astounding and I could go on forever but those should get anyone who wants to get into it going nicely. Games like Headhunter and Shenmue 2 show just how incredible the system was for its time
Ultrapro on xbox live

Flukesy

Quote from: "dcultrapro"thought I'd try my hand at a new list of must haves for the DC. You truly have to own/play these games to understand the potential the console had

Shenmue 1/2
Skies Of Arcadia
Headhunter
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Soul Calibur
Virtua Tennis 1/2
Phantasy Star Online ver 2.0
Outtrigger
Quake 3 Arena
Grandia 2
Capcom VS SNK 1/2
Dynamite Cop
Powerstone 1/2
Ikaruga
Jet Set Radio
Metropolis Street Racer

The list of TRULY quality/stand out titles on the DC is astounding and I could go on forever but those should get anyone who wants to get into it going nicely. Games like Headhunter and Shenmue 2 show just how incredible the system was for its time

Got to say there are some pretty solid quality titles there! Fantastic variety