The Art of Atari Book

Started by TrekMD, April 09, 2016, 03:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: TrekMD on July 09, 2016, 03:43:29 AM
Check this out:  INSIDE THE ART OF ATARI.

Great article. I wasn't planning on buying this but now I'll have to think about it.

TrekMD

Yes it is.  Glad it may sway you.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yeah, I am getting it now.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Lol, you were all told that it was a must have, listen to Trek the next time lol

TrekMD

Quote from: Greyfox on July 10, 2016, 11:59:41 AM
Lol, you were all told that it was a must have, listen to Trek the next time lol

LOL

Greyfox

Well the book has finally been released and is getting very well deserved feedback and fantastic reviews, I've been sent a shipping day of 9th of November for mine to arrive in Ireland , so I'm avoiding all news,reviews on this until it arrives in my lap, really can't wait, Tim Lapetino has done and achieved incredible feat here with this book, seriously can't wait!,,

Saturn

That's great! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it 8)

Greyfox

Ohh there could be a fight for the lions share on this one..as it's a book both me and others here have the teeth into, I don't know if @TrekMD got his yet as he'd be the man with the book now and is very welcome to do the write up, mine won't be here for a while, so it might be best for him and besides I'm reading another cracking book at the moment on the Japanese box art collection of the Nintendo Super Famicom and so far it's amazing, so this could take my next book review up. Plus @zapiy still has one other book review belong to me he has yet to publish lol.

TrekMD

I did get the book yesterday.  I got to see it at PRGE and met Tim as well.  This book is simply fantastic.  I was planning on doing a write up for it.  Tim has really done an excellent job with this book in every way.  So, if @Greyfox doesn't mind, I'll take this one.  :)

Greyfox

That's perfectly fine by me man, I really look forward to reading your review, if you can contact Tim and ask for a press release pack for the book I'll compose all the imagery provided for your review.

TrekMD

He's available on Atari Age.  I'll reach out to him.  Thanks!

zapiy

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more on this book chaps.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I've PM's Tim to see if we can get some press release images.  Waiting for his reply.

Greyfox

Great stuff, hopefully he'll send a go few as the ones I've seen are only a hand full for such a great book, if hat is the case maybe photograph a select few of your favorite within the book? That would be great.

ArcadeAction

Looking forward to seeing this book.