The Retro VGS is now the COLECO Chameleon!

Started by Shadowrunner, December 17, 2015, 14:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"More reading material:  MORE TROUBLE WITH COLECO CHAMELEON SURFACES, REVISIONIST HISTORY SPOTTED.
That's even worse info. Doesn't look like it's heading anywhere positive but kudos to Carl Williams for reporting all of this and staying with developments the way he has. More work than I'd be willing to put in.
Thanks for the link TrekMD. Interesting reading.

zapiy

Indeed this is interesting stuff to read but lets look at this another way shall we..

Mike is not a guy that strikes me as a fake, and I also suspect this is the first time he has done something this huge in terms of whatever he says or does gets pulled apart, from my point of view he and his team are making silly human errors and those errors are coming back to haunt them..

Its just my opinion but lets not totally wipe @ReadRetro and the team of the face of the earth just yet.. Perhaps we need to chat to Coleco Holdings CEO Mark Thomann?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Carl (Retro Gaming Mag) is actually doing an interview with the folks from Coleco.  If you have a question, let me know.  Maybe he can ask.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Its ok fella, I have his details from our recent interview and would be a good story for us to run.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

I'm still hoping this happens regardless of the negativity. As for editing posts, big deal. I do it so much it should be a given that it will happen. Once I re-read things in a different frame of mind other things come to light. Like, it could be interpreted offensively, even though that wasn't the intention or details are remembered, then added. Or something changed soon after so the comment is updated on the fly to reflect it. Not always with a long winded explanation as to what or why. I can see how people are ready to pounce on something without knowing anything about what's really happening but I for one don't care about edits or changing details. I just want to see this console released in some form so I can adorn my everchanging game room with at least 3 of them-and buy as many games for it as possible. 8)

zapiy

The negativity is something the guys just have to deal with. I doubt it will have an outcome on the systems success anyway. What will is the overall price. Get that right and this will fly of the shelves.

TrekMD

Looks like the price is something they are focusing on.  We'll have to wait and see.

TrekMD

Here is the interview done by Retro Gaming Magazine's Carl Williams...

[align=center:2dsn3b4y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3s1ogBm80[/align:2dsn3b4y]

onthinice

I must have been living under a rock as this is a surprise and had no idea about another gaming platform release.

Hope it works. Maybe better advertising could help.

zapiy

Even advertising wont work if your living under a rock mate lol..

Cheers Trek, will watch that shortly.

TrekMD

It's audio only but it was an interesting listen.  :)

zapiy

Looking for to more on this, at least it may convince people its a worth while investment.

Shadowrunner

I haven't been following this too much lately but I see they released a video showing off the launch titles for the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEHWeSyPUM

You can see the list of games and read more about it here.

Good list of games and the toy show where it will be revealed is less than 2 weeks away.

Saturn

The games look awesome! Can't wait to own one :)

TrekMD