Anarcho Ride V1.0 - Release for ATARI STe/FALCON

Started by simoncam, November 09, 2015, 15:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncam

The Ride goes online full of crazy ideas and madness!!!
•   Basic Game V1.0 (8 Levels, 4 Cars)
•   Expansion Pack 1 (9 Levels, 3 Cars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQHiShgbfwo

It comes in multiple Languages:
•   English (G/Q)
•   German (G/Q)
•   Spanish (BETA, G)
•   Polish (G)
•   Vorarlbergerisch (G)
G – Game Text, Q – Quest Explanations
More languages and language updates to be expected soon.
Free Download at http://www.hd-videofilm.com/anarcho
With special thanks to JoanAM and Piotr for the Spanish and Polish translation!
The game has now been successfully tested on
•   Physical machines: ATARI STe, Falcon, CT60, MIST
•   Emulators: STeem, Hatari, Hataroid
Special hint for users of emulators, simulated hardware and/or MIST: make sure that the TOS Version matches the emulated hardware. Make sure that the Game has full writing access to the Floppy/Harddrive simulation.

Saturn

Cool trailer and nice concept lol. Different from the norm, for sure.
Will try to load this up in an emu. I want to start crashing vehicles asap. 8)

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

Brilliant video Thomas, I loved the lens flares and the action set piece of the arrangement of the trailer, I'll be downloading the full version and getting that Video I promised for you out there!

for anyone not in the know I played a beta of this on behalf of Simoncam and it's a fantastic little game, so don't let it put you off, if you've not played on the great Atari ST platform before, help is at hand....;)

Saturn

Quote from: "Greyfox"...so don't let it put you off, if you've not played on the great Atari ST platform before, help is at hand....;)
Can you help with using it in an emu? I've set up Hatari but when I open any .prg file, it seems to freeze. Followed the guide here and it appears to have set up fine. Kinda stuck atm.
I have a real ST at home but haven't used it much since I got it in '03.

Greyfox

Quote from: "Saturn"
Quote from: "Greyfox"...so don't let it put you off, if you've not played on the great Atari ST platform before, help is at hand....:113:

simoncam

Hi! Two small additions from my side:

- If you play from (simulated) Floppy: The game+expansion pack 1 are three (!!!) floppys. Best boot with A: Disc 1, B: Disc 2. Coose "use A/B Drive" when asked for. After the game has loaded to the main menu, you may replace A: to Expansion Pack 1. And press "Scan disc". (Disc 1 is no longer needed at this stage)

- 16 Mhz is helpfull in any case. But it is essential for uses of EmuTOS. I found that the game is unable to access the Blitter chipset with EmuTOS (no idea why). But pussing to 16 Mhz compensates perfectly the missing blitter.

More infos on the game page: http://www.hd-videofilm.com/anarcho

Have fun!

simoncam

TrekMD

That looks quite nice.  Melanie did a great job.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Thanks for the info, gents :113:

I ditched Hatari and am using STeem SSE 3.5.2. for Linux. Followed the setup guide here. This game rocks! The processor on my laptop may be a little slow but I get the gist and there are still settings to play with. Tore through the first stage hitting all that I could lol.
Thank you for this awesome game!! :36:

simoncam

Hi! Great to see you up and running! Or better "up and riding"! Hahaha

One hint: if you followed the guide to the point, you have ended up with a standard ST. That results in a low framerate. but you can easily compensate that by pushing the emulator from 8 to 16 mhz -> then the game runs with about the intended speed, making it able to run a track in about 1:20 to 1:45.

(If you find the STe setup: you also hear some nice sample sonds! :) )

Continue Riding!!!

Edit: I just saw that you are using TOS 1.62. That should actually work with STe. So make sure that you have STEEM set to STE Mode and the Blitter Chip is switched on (options menu).

Saturn

Quote from: "simoncam"Hi! Great to see you up and running! Or better "up and riding"! Hahaha

One hint: if you followed the guide to the point, you have ended up with a standard ST. That results in a low framerate. but you can easily compensate that by pushing the emulator from 8 to 16 mhz -> then the game runs with about the intended speed, making it able to run a track in about 1:20 to 1:45.

(If you find the STe setup: you also hear some nice sample sonds! 8)

simoncam

Quote from: "Saturn"I saw that Blitter was checked during the initial setup. I couldn't find it in Options but STeem is set to STe, I verified that early this morning. Which tab is Blitter on in Options? (maybe I just overlooked it bc I was in a hurry) 8)
That sounds pretty good already. In STeem SSE you can find Options... in the SSE Tab you find "ST Model": there you switch it to "STE".
You can compare the result with the Trailer framerate. This is to be expected from a standard STe at 8mhz / no Music playback while driving.