Author Topic: The Konix Multi-System  (Read 20581 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Konix Multi-System
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2014, 20:39:46 PM »
[member=4397]mqarkcambie[/member] hows this info collecting going pal, anymore you can share with us?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline mqarkcambie

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »
Hi, unfortunately, it's all ground to a halt.

The guy with the power chair is still just that - some guy with a power chair. He'll never let anyone else see it (even just for a few months loan in a museum somewhere). He'll never sell it, and it's just going to be thrown out by his relatives when he dies. I can see it crumbling into rust in some council landfill.

The guy that claimed he had a garage full of liquidated Konix assets in a lock-up in Brighton including software backups of all the games, numerous devkits, prototypes, documents, etc was most probably full of shit as he never came through with any proof of owning any of this stuff and just kept making up stories of having offered it to collectors in the US and Japan (doubling the claimed price that they were supposedly offering for it each time).

The guy that did the Music for the MSU devkit who went to China with the programmer to train them how to write games for the system is maintaining radio silence. He says he has an MSU era devkit and unfortunately has seemingly vanished off the face of the earth. I guess I did something to turn him off talking with me. HE was actually suggesting selling it on ebay, I've never seen him trying.

The Emulator most probably got stalled as the emulator programmer changed companies and probably has many other things on his hands, all completely understandable, and it's a hobby project, so his free time is totally his to do what he sees fit with. Hoping he gets back into it one day, but i won't pester him.

A programmer who is potentially sitting on a full/complete/finished Konix game is a little difficult to reach, this game would need to be emulated, but it's an actual, real, finished Konix game - but even if it does get backed up from the floppys it's on, it will possibly get stuck in legal hell as the intellectual property owner may have an issue (even today) with us releasing it.
(This is previously unannounced, so this is a little bit of an exclusive here - but it's not that exclusive unless anything actually happens, and I've been sitting on it for a few years now...).

Finally, the guy who used to work at Konix who's said to know loads and who has a big fat book full of Konix info is someone I can't contact as his daughter won't pass his e-mail address on to me, and I don't want to pester her anymore. All I have is the answer "he has your email address, he'd contact you if he wants to talk to you".

I don't really see any way forward, I've tirelessly and painstakingly researched and interviewed and tracked down everyone possible, and I'm now very tired and lacking any kind of desire to continue.

If someone else manages to turn up anything then that's great and I'll jump right on it, but as it stands, unless other people decide to start sharing then what we have is probably all we will have.

I will always take contributions if people find magazine scans worth hosting - and I'll consider following some leads depending how promising they look, but for the meantime...

...this is Mark signing out!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2014, 13:27:55 PM »
Thanks for that huge update fella.

Its a huge shame that you have struggled to get to the bottom of some of the things you have been chasing.. That news on a completely finished game is huge news to me, what is it called? Would be fantastic if you do eventually manage to bag that on.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline mqarkcambie

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2014, 16:36:21 PM »
I can't say without giving a lot away, but it's one of the ones you definitely know about from the line up of launch games. It sounds like BS, I know, but with the amount of work I've put into this website - you can see that when I say something is there, you can be sure it's there...

You never know in this game, sometimes people come along out of the blue with huge news, I somehow get the feeling that's less and less likely to happen as time goes by - but you never know.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2014, 23:27:05 PM »
No your right, you never know pal.. Its worth going just for that reason.. I keep asking during our interviews just in the hope that someone has worked on this and your not aware. :113: