Review of the Week - The Nightmare Before Christmas GBA

Started by TrekMD, October 31, 2015, 04:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:3bwad5wj][size=180]The Nightmare Before Christmas - GBA[/size]

[size=140]Review by TrekMD[/size]

Here is the fourth Halloween Review of the Week for this month of October!  This time let's look at a game for the Nintendo GameBoy Advance!  Have you played this game?  What do you think of it?

Review]
In 1993, Buena Vista Pictures introduced used to Jack Skellington in the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack wanted to try a holiday other than Halloween so he decided to take over Christmas, which had some disastrous and hilarious results. Buena Vista decided to revisit Jack's world and created a game not directly based on the movie, but as a prequel to the story in the movie and so was born The Pumpkin King. In the game, Oogie Boogie is feeling frustrated because he has failed to create his very own holiday. He decides that, instead of creating one, he will simply take over Halloween and Halloween Town. The Town's major reaches out to Jack and asks for his help to stop Oogie from achieving his plan and overrunning Halloween Town with all sorts of bugs. The player, of course, controls Jack as he fights off Oggie's invasion through various different areas of town while collecting various objects and weapons that help Jack achieve his goal. The Pumpkin King is a platformer for the GBA and one that is quite fun to play, particularly because it really has a solid Halloween theme. Not only does the game have various areas for the player to explore but there are also various mini games for added fun. Visually the game is beautiful and the music fits perfectly for the theme. There are a couple of ways to recharge Jack's life energy (you can pick up the dead fish dropped by fallen enemies or you can sit in an electric chair) and there are save points within the game that are marked by scarecrows (next to the electric chairs). Definitely a worthy title to enjoy during the Halloween holiday and all year long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoyxFFhBP0

[size=180]Review Found Here[/size][/align:3bwad5wj]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Cracking review fella, and thats one I must have missed first time round and also i have never seen this game before.. Will keep an eye out on my rounds when looking for games. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I was trying not to choose reviews I wrote but this game does deserve the spotlight.  It is excellent!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I'd never heard of this game either. Sounds good, nice review :)