Author Topic: Retrovision 2012: Part 2 - Who is bringing what? - 29th & 30  (Read 1993 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Ok guys now Retrovision 2012: Part 2 is officially announced for Saturday 29th of September, with me as a host no less  :o

In the absence of Matt B and Steve (StarshipUK) we need to organise the systems and set-ups on offer to play.

I can bring any and all of the following:

Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari ST
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar + CD
Sega Megadrive + CD
Sega Saturn
Philips CD-i
NEC TurboGrafx
Sony PS1

I believe the TV problem is now sorted so if anyone else is bringing stuff then please let us know as I really hope I don't need to take 10 systems!!!!

guest4370

Re: Retrovision 2012.5 - Who is bringing what?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 21:21:46 PM »
We have access to the room from 9am on the Saturday morning, maybe Friday night, I'll find out :-)

guest4370

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 21:25:58 PM »

guest4372

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 21:48:56 PM »
Myself and Uncle Bis will be in attendance and I have Spoken to Matt B and he has kindly agreed to lend us some of his TV's for the event. I envisage we will collect these from him at some point during August and bring them to the event.

I will be bringing some bits and bobs which will hopefully include the following:

2 x VGA monitors - 1 x 17" and 1 x 19" which a vertical/horizontal swivel for use with MAME.

I will hopefully be able to piece together a couple of PC's running mame stuff.

I also have some joypads floating around. I have at least 2 maybe more.

I may also bring a couple of Sanwa arcade sticks too for use with Mame.

I wont be bringing the PS2 network this time as that takes up quite a bit of space and took up 6 screens last time. So will go with the minimalist amount.

I can also bring an xbox 360 if required.

I will have a look over the weekend and re-confirm on what I am going to bring.

Also add to the list around 7-10 portable TV's loaned from Matt B.

guest4371

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
Its currently looking unlikely that me and Kay will be able to make this one, but with Rob, Kieren, Jason and Markie I am sure you will be able to get enough kit together to keep the visitors happy. I also read Fearn is taking and running board games again. Just remember this is a .5 event (I have been to a couple) and there will be less people going, so less kit will be needed. Also there will be less tables to use anyway, as Matt B is not going and he took quite a few to the last event. In the past I have used these .5 events to trial run different things in preparation for the main event the following year and also to take some rarer kit along. One year I had a PC network set up running FPS LAN Games, and another year I took my mini arcade cabinet. Usually at these .5's Rock Band has run pretty much constantly throughout the whole weekend on a projector. The last thing is to take lots of power extension leads (more than needed) as there are not many plug sockets at the venue, and I normally take a box of them myself (did not have enough in 2011!).

Anonymous

Re: Retrovision 2012.5 - Who is bringing what? - 29th & 30th
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 19:04:34 PM »
Here's a list of all my equipment

I can't bring everything on this list and usually I just bring the bits that other people aren't taking.

Edit: Fixed Link

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 19:11:13 PM »
Link dosn't work  :(

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 19:57:23 PM »
oops fixed it :)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 20:06:20 PM »
Great stuff!

Big problem I have right now is getting there because the person I was planning to go with now can't come and I can't drive.

I havn't had the chance to talk to markie about it yet but I am sure we can sort something out nearer the time.

Offline DreamcastRIP

• View Profile
Re: Retrovision 2012: Part 2 - Who is bringing what? - 29th
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 20:50:30 PM »
It seems I'll be attending this event now on the Saturday.

Not sure what to bring along apart from one item but no comment on that just yet. ;D

EDIT: I won't be attending after all. Have a prior engagement the same day.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac