Retrovision 2012: Part 2 - Who is bringing what? - 29th & 30

Started by TL, May 18, 2012, 20:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Ok guys now Retrovision 2012: Part 2 is officially announced for Saturday 29th of September, with me as a host no less  :o

In the absence of Matt B and Steve (StarshipUK) we need to organise the systems and set-ups on offer to play.

I can bring any and all of the following:

Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari ST
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar + CD
Sega Megadrive + CD
Sega Saturn
Philips CD-i
NEC TurboGrafx
Sony PS1

I believe the TV problem is now sorted so if anyone else is bringing stuff then please let us know as I really hope I don't need to take 10 systems!!!!

guest4370

We have access to the room from 9am on the Saturday morning, maybe Friday night, I'll find out :-)

guest4372

Myself and Uncle Bis will be in attendance and I have Spoken to Matt B and he has kindly agreed to lend us some of his TV's for the event. I envisage we will collect these from him at some point during August and bring them to the event.

I will be bringing some bits and bobs which will hopefully include the following:

2 x VGA monitors - 1 x 17" and 1 x 19" which a vertical/horizontal swivel for use with MAME.

I will hopefully be able to piece together a couple of PC's running mame stuff.

I also have some joypads floating around. I have at least 2 maybe more.

I may also bring a couple of Sanwa arcade sticks too for use with Mame.

I wont be bringing the PS2 network this time as that takes up quite a bit of space and took up 6 screens last time. So will go with the minimalist amount.

I can also bring an xbox 360 if required.

I will have a look over the weekend and re-confirm on what I am going to bring.

Also add to the list around 7-10 portable TV's loaned from Matt B.

guest4371

Its currently looking unlikely that me and Kay will be able to make this one, but with Rob, Kieren, Jason and Markie I am sure you will be able to get enough kit together to keep the visitors happy. I also read Fearn is taking and running board games again. Just remember this is a .5 event (I have been to a couple) and there will be less people going, so less kit will be needed. Also there will be less tables to use anyway, as Matt B is not going and he took quite a few to the last event. In the past I have used these .5 events to trial run different things in preparation for the main event the following year and also to take some rarer kit along. One year I had a PC network set up running FPS LAN Games, and another year I took my mini arcade cabinet. Usually at these .5's Rock Band has run pretty much constantly throughout the whole weekend on a projector. The last thing is to take lots of power extension leads (more than needed) as there are not many plug sockets at the venue, and I normally take a box of them myself (did not have enough in 2011!).

Anonymous

Here's a list of all my equipment

I can't bring everything on this list and usually I just bring the bits that other people aren't taking.

Edit: Fixed Link

TL

TL

Great stuff!

Big problem I have right now is getting there because the person I was planning to go with now can't come and I can't drive.

I havn't had the chance to talk to markie about it yet but I am sure we can sort something out nearer the time.

DreamcastRIP

It seems I'll be attending this event now on the Saturday.

Not sure what to bring along apart from one item but no comment on that just yet. ;D

EDIT: I won't be attending after all. Have a prior engagement the same day.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac