New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Carrot Kingdom

Started by TrekMD, October 12, 2015, 03:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Age member Jinroh is currently working on a new side scrolling game for the Atari 2600: Carrot Kingdom. He's been working on this game over the past 2 months and have have a short video demo of the game so far.

http://youtu.be/byQctR21qT0

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Great video, the game looks like a blast. Reminded me of Super Mario Bros., playing as the Princess and complete with Podoboos. Those graphics are exceptional (imo) for a 2600 game. Will be keeping an eye out for this :113:
It's time to dust off the ol' 4-switch woodgrain :p

TrekMD

It does look nice.  Remarkable what folks due today with the good 'ol 2600!

Papa

I love girl heroes!  This looks like a much needed scroller for the VCS!! Very nice artwork considering the many limitations.  I wonder if it's ASM or VWBASIC!? 
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

TrekMD

I've not updated this thread in a while.  Here is a new video showing the progress made with the game.

Saturn

That's great! Love the new enemies and end boss. The cover art is very nice as well :D

TrekMD

Yes, this is coming alone very nicely.  It's amazing to see this sort of game on a console that was designed to play Pong-styled games!

TrekMD

Carrot Kingdom has been completed and is now available on Kickstarter.  It is a CIB "Deluxe Limited" Edition that is being released.  You can check it out here:  Carrot Kingdom Atari 2600 physical production run.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD