MAME Releases

Started by Saturn, October 03, 2015, 17:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Got this earlier, appears to be a bigger one 8):

Hello,

A new version of MAME is out with a relatively large update, including some new CHD files, for the arcade games.

Full and update sets available at:

http://us-lazarus.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=439d2115682403417217f4d58&id=40da660223&e=8769b4917b

Thanks and have a great holiday weekend!
==============================================

Greyfox

Looks to have some great new features this time around. I've got 0.175 on my rig and it has mostly everything I'd ever want, and only update it every three to four releases, so it will probably be 0.179 before I rank up.

Who is this Lazarus guy? Is he allowed do this?

Saturn

He's some guy I found out there way back that burns the sets. I don't know his history but found him to be reliable for updates and I get an email when a new version of MAME comes out. That's about the only way I can stay on top of it.
I know his Paypal account was gone for a while, assuming bc of this and a complaint by someone but looks to be back recently. I haven't ordered from him in about 5-10 years but he got it done back then.
Idk about legal. Seems a person is paying for the burning service, not the roms, blah blah. May be one of those gray lines so I just stay in my boat over here in international waters to avoid upsetting any one nation :D All of my assumptions above are exactly that, though. I have no idea of facts in any way so I don't dare to comment 'officially' in any capacity.

Greyfox

lol..No your safe , I was just asking about it..he should though put up such a disclaimer that you are only buying the discs and Flash sticks from him and not the content, as he could have problems I'd suspect.

I nab the sets either via a file host or NZB's (Newsgroups) but haven't done that for a while now. In some cases it really is better if you wait for gapped releases, because there is nothing worse in downloading 100+gbs only to find that a new version is around the corner and your Dats have to be all redone again and update just for the sake of about 10 or less new games nobody really cares about..:)

Saturn

Well, I was only getting new sets on the 25s or 50s but it takes so long in between I forget anyway.
Last set I got I found out everything was different. No updated mame32ui.exe for the front end I was used to and the older one was not compatible with some of it. Command line only stuff that I had to relearn.
While it's understandable, I like the gui and ease of checking roms for errors/missing.
I'll stick with my .77 release. More than ever I'll play anyway 8)

Saturn

MAME .178

Hello,

A new version of MAME is out with a typical update, including one new CHD file, for the arcade games.

Full and update sets available at:

http://us-lazarus.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=439d2115682403417217f4d58&id=5d5271132f&e=8769b4917b

Thanks and have a great week!
==============================================

Not a very big update, but awesome nonetheless 8)