Sega CD 'Game Code Modifications' :p

Started by Saturn, August 12, 2015, 22:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: DeadVoivod on April 19, 2018, 08:36:52 AM
;D Happened once to me with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Entered a cheat that made you invincible, or 99999 health, can't remember exactly. Worked fine, until I encountered these huge tree monsters, which were drawing health from you, like always 10% or something like that, and as you always had very high health, it healed itself every time with 9999 HP, making it impossible to beat.

Yes, exactly why I don't like to release untested hacks. No telling what could happen later on.  8)
Popful Mail is longer than I have time for but hopefully it works smoothly.

guest6251

i have the Sonic CD (U) iso, but unfortunately; not even one of the hacks that are listed, work on it.  :P

Saturn

Probably depends where the iso came from. There are lots of different rips out there and those hacks are only for a single variant.
Can't link to the file I used here but trust me, the hacks work. Even burned to cdr for use on real hardware, they work like a charm.

EDIT:
There's also a hack for the spin attack here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_CD_Plus_Plus
I've hacked in that, along with the majority of the ones I posted, to use them all in the game and everything is perfect 8)

guest6251

Quote from: Saturn on May 28, 2018, 03:07:36 AM
Probably depends where the iso came from. There are lots of different rips out there and those hacks are only for a single variant.
Can't link to the file I used here but trust me, the hacks work. Even burned to cdr for use on real hardware, they work like a charm.

EDIT:
There's also a hack for the spin attack here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_CD_Plus_Plus
I've hacked in that, along with the majority of the ones I posted, to use them all in the game and everything is perfect 8)
i tried that iso too; not even one of these hacks work on it! what the hell could i be doing wrong? i used the hex editor like i did on other iso's, but nothing. :o

guest6286

First off, I just had to say thank you so much for these, especially the ones for Anet Futatabi and Devastator! Im also enjoying the Popful Mail hack but have to be careful with the infinite health one. Since you can still be hit by enemies and spikes, if you fall into a spike pit, you will just endlessly bounce back and never be able to continue and would have to reload a saved game to continue...but it's still a great hack!

My main question is if you would be able to do the same hacks on PC-E CD games, especially Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and Sapphire?

Saturn

You're welcome :)
And thanks for the props. Not sure on the other games but I'll search the names and see what I can find out.

Saturn

I've tried hacking the rom to no avail. My other method seems tailored to Sega games so not having any luck with these.
I'm using BizHawk to run the games but its debugger is a lot different. All I can do is lock cheats in RAM while playing.

Some great games though. I'd never played Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and can't get enough of it 8)
Sorry I couldn't help.

guest6286

Have you ever been able to hack Sewer Shark?

Saturn

Hi, no haven't tried, that I can recall.. Played that game once, vomited on my controller then frisbeed it out the window.

TrekMD

Sounds like you really liked the game, Saturn.  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Ha, it's an epic pos! I did play it for a while, like 5 whole minutes but then I flushed and went back to cranking my balls in a vice.... as that was more entertaining.

guest6286

Meh, it has a certain nostalgic charm to it since it's one of the first Sega CDs I bought along with Night Trap when the system came out. Not a GREAT game, mind you, like Lunar EB or Snatcher, but it has some charm lol

Saturn

I grabbed it and am playing lol. I'll see if anything comes of it.

guest6286

Thanks! And thanks again for all your codes. They helped breath life into games I maybe tried once a long time ago and tried again thanks to your codes...

Saturn

Quote from: LiquidPolicenaut on January 09, 2019, 04:55:43 AM
Thanks! And thanks again for all your codes. They helped breath life into games I maybe tried once a long time ago and tried again thanks to your codes...
You're welcome :) So glad they've helped.

Here's a quick hack for infinite energy. I didn't know about holding B to turn so ran into a wall a couple times but please let me know if this only works on the first level or throughout the game. I don't even know if there are separate levels tbh.

Search:
33C100FF802A6000004022390000F886
Change:
33C100FF802A60000040223900006004