C4CPC Flash Cart For Amstrad GX4000 / 6128 Plus / CPC464 Plu

Started by zapiy, May 17, 2015, 20:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

C4CPC is a cartridge replacement for the Amstrad Plus range and the GX4000. Using a micro-SD card storing cartridge images it also allows direct loading of the cartridge from a PC (Windows/Linux/OSX) through USB.

• Direct access to 16 cartridges selected by dip switches. Cartridge can be up to 512kB

• Access to unlimited number of cartridge images using the provided selector cartridge

• Direct cartridge loading from host computer using USB

• Cartridge file can be in standard .cpr format or raw binary .bin

• Integrated ACID

More here http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/C4CPC

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

Its a pity the plus, and gx, fetch such silly prices on ebay otherwise I'd have got one of those instead of the cpc 464 I did get.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

For what it is I think it is. It has a very limited software library and cannot play other CPC software you might want to run on the ROM thingy unless they are joystick only.

464+ and 6128+ I rate highly, but poor sales means they are now expensive.

Lorfarius

This is an awesome add on as it's almost impossible to get most of the GX library anymore.

AmigaJay

Yeah its nice to see the GX400 get a flashcart, i wonder if any programmers will get some CPC software running through it, obviously games that don't need a keyboard!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

guest5553

It's already happening, lots of games are being "ported" (hacked/modded) to allow joystick only operation.

AmigaJay

Quote from: "gsxrboy"It's already happening, lots of games are being "ported" (hacked/modded) to allow joystick only operation.
Wow so finally a reason to own a GX4000 now! No sarcasm intended!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Vadergb

Quote from: "AmigaJay"
Quote from: "gsxrboy"It's already happening, lots of games are being "ported" (hacked/modded) to allow joystick only operation.
Wow so finally a reason to own a GX4000 now! No sarcasm intended!

I never thought there would be a day!

zapiy

Lol, its a great looking console.. well i think it is.

Lorfarius

Anyone know what's happening with this? I'm having the itch to buy another GX4000 (god help me) but this would save me a fortune on games.

zapiy

Lorfarius

Just bought a GX4000 with one of these flash things included today. Was £85 in total, not bad seeing as the carts are around £65.