Gunman Clive ported to the Gameboy.

Started by zapiy, November 04, 2015, 17:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

[align=center:2xg1bs99][/align:2xg1bs99]
How cool is this? Gunman Clive creator Bertil Horberg has ported his current gen game to all versions of the Gameboy and apparently it has now been downloaded more times than the Steam version of the game.

QuoteGunman Clive is finally playable on Gameboy! If you felt the HD Collection was a bit too high resolution here's the version for you!

Some time ago I started aching to do a bit of coding for retro consoles, and after releasing Gunman Clive HD Collection for Wii U and struggling to get started on a new project I thought I'd take a little time off to play around with some Gameboy code. So I started working on a little GB port of Gunman Clive. I've always felt that it's basically a gameboy game at it's core. I emersed myself completely in the world of 8-bit assembler code, 4 color tiles and monochromatic screens, and I enjoyed myself tremendously. But it ended up taking a lot more time and going a lot slower and than I anticipated. After over a month of intense development I finally have a presentable Demo. It includes the full Stage 1 of Gunman Clive 1 with all the gameplay features intact. There's a few more things I'd like to do with it but I don't know if I can justify spending any more time on it. So here it is, the first and probably final version:

More info HERE

[align=center:2xg1bs99][/align:2xg1bs99]

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Very cool! Looks good on the old Gameboy :113: