Revival Magazine for Home Brew

Started by zapiy, April 26, 2012, 19:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

[align=center:3s33njrw][/align:3s33njrw]

http://www.revival.free.fr/welcome.php

ReVival is published quarterly since the end of 1997. Till now, it was only available in French through subscription but, given the growing interest from foreign (to France) readers, we considered an English version. It is now a reality, with the issue numbered 29, because it is indeed the 29th issue!
But what is actually ReVival? ReVival wants to be the voice of the hidden side of video gaming. ReVival gives you news on all alternative consoles, retrogaming, games and/or hardware tests without concessions, interviews of people active in the alternative video games (Duranik in this issue), features such as Nomad for portable consoles and Dreamcast for Sega's 128 bits. And that's not all! ReVival also offers you historical articles and more specific reports and columns. And, furthermore, anyone can participate!

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Nick Harlow at 16/32 Systems always used to have translated copies of these available at Jagfest UK, I just used to read them and put them back  :D

The translations were always really bad and they were just crappy inkjet print-outs. Hopefully they are now doing a proper launch of this magazine because I always really liked the idea of it.

zapiy

I guess they all have to start somewhere though fella.. The latest ones look great..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

For anyone who may have missed it, issue 45 of Revival Magazine is out.  I just got my copy today here in the US.  This issue is bigger than previous issues and has reviews of games such as D2K Arcade and Christmas Carol for the Intellivision, Moon Cresta and Crazy Brix for the 7800, and Hot Dog for the Lynx.  More details can be found at Revival Magazine.

[align=center:2l7651gf][/align:2l7651gf]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Thanks for the notice, just ordered a copy  :)

onthinice

Smart idea. The homebrew community seems to show no signs of slowing and this is a good way to keep up to date.

TrekMD

I've collected all the English issues of this magazine and I really like it.  It has been good to also see it evolve over time and become so much better than it was.  In the past the issues had color covers with the content being black and white.  Now it is a full color magazine. 

onthinice

Sounds like really good improvements have been made to attract more readers.

Shadowrunner

I only ordered this last week but it showed up yesterday. I've never got anything that quick from the US, very surprised! I read through part of it and it's a very nice little magazine. The english translation is a little off in places but otherwise it's really good and shows just how big the homebrew scene is becoming. Highly recommend people get a copy  :D

TrekMD

Glad you liked it!  Yes, their English translation could use some polish but it doesn't really detract from the magazine.  Much too fun to read about all these homebrew games!

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I only ordered this last week but it showed up yesterday. I've never got anything that quick from the US, very surprised! I read through part of it and it's a very nice little magazine. The english translation is a little off in places but otherwise it's really good and shows just how big the homebrew scene is becoming. Highly recommend people get a copy  :D

If you enjoy reading a magazine about homebrew then you may be in for a very big surprise sometime soon . . . . .

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I only ordered this last week but it showed up yesterday. I've never got anything that quick from the US, very surprised! I read through part of it and it's a very nice little magazine. The english translation is a little off in places but otherwise it's really good and shows just how big the homebrew scene is becoming. Highly recommend people get a copy  :102:
Tell us more  :63:

TrekMD