Let's Compare - Rick Dangerous

Started by TrekMD, March 09, 2015, 01:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Rick Dangerous is a series of two platform games released by Core Design (who would later make Tomb Raider) in the 1980s.  It was developed by Core Design for the Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and DOS based PCs. It was released in 1989 and published by Rainbird Software in Europe and the rest of the world, and on the MicroPlay label (part of MicroProse) in America. Later, it was released with two other games — Stunt Car Racer and Microprose Soccer on the Commodore 64 Powerplay 64 cartridge.

Source:  Wikipedia

[align=center:1c2q8ezv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVezwtkP9A[/align:1c2q8ezv]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest5533

A supergame I played on the Atari ST. Once my girlfriend started the game in the morning and I finished the last very difficult level in the evening. Still remember the scream when Rick loses a live. WHAHOA

hamie96

In middle school, one of my friends managed to get a few old-school emulators on the school laptops (Commodore 64 and Gameboy I think). One of the games I ended up always playing was Rick Dangerous 2.

I attribute Rick Dangerous 2 to my failure to learn the conversion table.

TrekMD

The version of this game that I've played most is the Christmas version, Dangerous Xmas.  These are fun games. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Amiga all the way, this is a rock hard game and only those that are hardcore gamers can play lol..

That counts me out these days..

Special mention to the Amstrad version though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC