Phillips Videopac & Magnavox Odyssey 2 Owners

Started by zapiy, April 19, 2012, 21:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorf

"looks like a pink dildo!"  :21:

Unfortunately the rest of their videos suck moose. They really trash the Jaguar CD, clearly admitting they don't een know how to play the games. What a bunch of ass devils.

TL

TrekMD

Very nice!  I really like his videos.  I wonder if he'd ever consider joining a forum like ours.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

I say Odyssey 2 wins. It kept Hi-score. At least till you shut it down.

Gorf

As much as I love the DC, I have to go with the O^2.....I had tons of great memories from that machine.
I only wish Magnavox had Atari's IP's...they would have been better on O^2 for a good deal of the games.

TL

Gorf

TL

Here is a video of the Terrahawks 2 prototype that was released recently:

onthinice

Gorf

Good to see folks are wringing more out of the old O^2. :)

zapiy

Looks good.. and as above good to see dev still going on.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

It's not a new game, it's a prototype as I have previously said, that was recently released on cart.

TL

I already posted this in the Android thread but some people probably will have missed it there:

Quote from: "The Laird"[align=center:2nqo68ug][/align:2nqo68ug]

[size=240]VpacApp[/size]

Remember SELECT GAME ?

A must for retro-gamers, play the original Philips Videopac/Magnavox Odyssey 2 games in your phone.
A complete collection of games is included, just install VpacApp and play.

Features:

+ Play over 40 original games.
+ All games are preinstalled and ready to play.
+ Original game manuals included.
+ Totally free, no ads or other distractions

----------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:
Game content with permission by Philips.
The games are provided "as is", Philips will not provide technical or other support or accept any liability arising from their use of any nature whatsoever.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... p&hl=en_GB

TrekMD

I tried it out.  I don't really like how the touch controls work.  I have to see if it works with a joypad.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

That is cool!

Wonder why Philips treats the system like a red headed step child? The are still many fans of Philips Videopac/Magnavox Odyssey 2 systems and it seems like a slap in the face not support it better!  >:(