Let's Compare - Adventure Island

Started by TrekMD, May 07, 2015, 03:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Hudson's Adventure Island, also known simply as Adventure Island, is a side-scrolling platform game produced by Hudson Soft that was first released in Japan for the Famicom and MSX on September 12, 1986. It was later released in North America for the Nintendo Entertainment System on September 1988 and in the PAL region in 1992 under the title of Adventure Island Classic.

Adventure Island is an adaptation of the arcade game Wonder Boy, originally published by Sega for developer Escape (now known as Westone Bit Entertainment). Adventure Island was followed by a series of sequels that were independently developed by Hudson Soft.

Plot:

The player controls Master Higgins, a young man who ventured to Adventure Island in the South Pacific after hearing that the Evil Witch Doctor kidnapped Princess Leilani. To rescue her, Higgins must survive a series of 32 stages. There are eight worlds called "areas", which are divided four stages or "rounds" each, which are further divided into four checkpoints. When the player reaches the fourth round of each area, he must confront a boss at the end to continue to the next area. The game is completed when the player saves the girl after defeating the eighth and final form of the evil lord.

Source:  Wikipedia

[align=center:4yx786wp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macpCy7NnMc[/align:4yx786wp]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I have very little knowledge of this game but i am liking the look of the Turbografx version..

May need to pick that up.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I'm with you there.  The TG version I think may be the best of the bunch.

TrekMD

Just watched this video.  It's older but pertinent to this thread:

[align=center:1d9rb419]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fom-TkLgS0I[/align:1d9rb419]

deKay

Quote from: "TrekMD"I'm with you there.  The TG version I think may be the best of the bunch.

Wii version is by a country mile.